#5 Sauce with Mustard instead of Ketchup

Not being a mustard sauce guy I was thinking of trying #5 with Mustard instead of Ketchup. I'm looking for a simple sauce to serve for variety at my next cookout. Any of you Mustard sauce experts have any suggestions why or why not the listed ingredients would work or not? Any changes that would need to be done before even trying this? Any suggestions are welcome. Once again I'm looking for a simple Mustard sauce with the least amount of ingredients possible but still being good. Thanks in advance, Ken

Me, I'd use a mix of Dijon with a whole grain brown mustard - instead of cheap yellow (which I dislike for most things).

Back in January I first tried Miss Piggy's Mustard Sauce and loved it - it, along w/ #5 are the two that I mix up ( separately, of course
icon_wink.gif
)

I use just plain yellow mustard. Another one that's almost just as good that I'll use for BBQ sauce or salad dressing is put a bunch (about a cup or so) of yellow mustard in a jar, and then ~2-3 Tablespoons of red pepper flakes. This one's easy & good! (imo)

Ken, I have pondered Mustard sauce but not worked out the details.
Big picture, Mustard sauce usually has yellow mustard, vinegar, sugar and spice. Often a flavor enhancer like worchestershire or soy sauce. Some heat and then a spice or two and herbs.
In many ways you can take the N0.5 concept and change the carrier from ketchup to mustard.

Back