304 Stainless - Magnetic?

I mean, that's what I do. They are only twenty bucks. If you don't use the grill, they last forever. If you do use the grill they usually last me 4 or 5 years.
If it's good enough for you. It's good enough for me. I trust your judgement and I like to use genuine Weber parts whenever possible.

Lots of $$$ for a device that is rarely if ever used. I just found 3 or 4 hanging in my garage because that's about a the use they ever were to me
Very true. The more I think about it I can just leave mine out of my grill 99% of the time. It'll be fine. I'm just trying to build my BBQs with the highest quality parts I can source. I don't mind to pay more for something that will last. The warming rack is not at the importance level as the grates of flavorizer bars though.

Thoughts on these anyone?
Made in USA

RiversEdge Products Stainless Steel Warming Rack, 7512 80640, Solid 304 Grade, Replacement for Weber https://www.walmart.com/ip/5598653061

Again, in looking at the actual seller of that product (it's not Walmart) the item says "sold and shipped by HNLLC." They are located in, China.

Believe me Josh, I'm of the same mindset, I want good quality 304/316 stainless parts. But the fact is, most of these Chinese companies are playing fast and loose with specs and marketing. I've seen many listings claim the item is "Made in USA", which are actually from China. Caveat emptor.

Again, in looking at the actual seller of that product (it's not Walmart) the item says "sold and shipped by HNLLC." They are located in, China.

Believe me Josh, I'm of the same mindset, I want good quality 304/316 stainless parts. But the fact is, most of these Chinese companies are playing fast and loose with specs and marketing. I've seen many listings claim the item is "Made in USA", which are actually from China. Caveat emptor.
Nice catch and good point. I'll just grab the factory Weber ones for 20 bucks maybe a few of them. Can't beat the price yeah it's Chrome plated Steel and not made to last but I don't use them very often I'll just keep it out of my grill unless I need it. The warming rack is nowhere near the importance of my grates and flavorizer bars.

Cool thanks Bruce!

Yes, it's helpful to get verified experience with the brand... although I'm still not sure what that Walmart vendor (HNLLC) is selling, as their brand is cited as "CMS". Thus I remain leery of the Walmart listing. Upon visiting the actual website for RiversEdge, this particular item ($55) is listed as "out of stock." IMO, I would be inclined to contact and order from them directly to ensure you get the real deal Josh.

Yes, it's helpful to get verified experience with the brand... although I'm still not sure what that Walmart vendor (HNLLC) is selling, as their brand is cited as "CMS". Thus I remain leery of the Walmart listing. Upon visiting the actual website for RiversEdge, this particular item ($55) is listed as "out of stock." IMO, I would be inclined to contact and order from them directly to ensure you get the real deal Josh.
Thanks Scott
I did see that when I looked up the manufacturer.
Also I'm not a fan of Walmart. Just because I haven't had good experiences dealing with them and their customer service and their constant mistakes. Ordering anything from Walmart is a last resort option that I would rather avoid.

I’m a retired steamfitter and engineering contractor that mainly specialized in high purity piping & tubing.
None of my 304 or 316 stainless steel piping was ever magnetic.

Several (read most) of my cooking/bbq items claim to be type 304 but yet magnets stick to them 🤔.
I think we are being hosed when someone asks a manufacturer to go as cheap as possible but still be acceptable.
There are simple corrosive tests but they know no one will ever test their products.

So far my QuliMetal brand 304 SS 9mm grates are not magnetic. I have a very strong magnet and not even a little bit of attraction 🧲. I can check my Weber #9930 304 SS 3/8 grates when I get home. Also RCplanebuyer custom fab flav bars. I suspect none of them are magnetic.

QuliMetal is not the cheapest but by far not the most expensive. I have purchased multiple grates from them and flav bars and deflectors. I put them in grills I donate or sell. I would recommend them for a decent quality semi budget conscious build.

Ooh ok. Thanks Steve
That's what I get for assuming
Maybe yours will be different? Personally I don't take that as a lack of quality. They are after all made of steel. If they aren't magnetic at all it just means a higher mixture of non magnetic elements vs. actual steel. I'm no expert on this but my set of grates have held up wonderfully for being 28 years old.

Maybe yours will be different? Personally I don't take that as a lack of quality. They are after all made of steel. If they aren't magnetic at all it just means a higher mixture of non magnetic elements vs. actual steel. I'm no expert on this but my set of grates have held up wonderfully for being 28 years old.
That's all that matters to me! As long as they hold up for the long haul I'm happy.

Not to endlessly carry this on, but just figured more data is always helpful, if not at least interesting.

My set of two #9930 that came together, one of them is magnetic, the other is not.
(Red kitchen magnet sticking to one, falling off the other)

My set of three #9930, none of them are magnetic (unless the crud on them is preventing a true test. I haven’t cleaned them yet).

IMG_5977.jpegIMG_5978.jpegIMG_5980.jpeg

I believe when the welding process takes place some of the properties change slightly. And I think I mentioned this before. If you think about it, you can buy high quality SS pans a magnet may not stick to BUT put that pan on an induction range and it will heat up. If there was 0 magnetic properties, the induction burner would not work

Back