304 Stainless - Magnetic?

I have two brand new 9930s still in the factory box that just showed up I can check and see if they're magnetic.

20240707_164117~2.jpg
I just got home so I got a million things going on haven't been here in a couple weeks. Also just went and picked up a skyline.

Not to endlessly carry this on, but just figured more data is always helpful, if not at least interesting.

My set of two #9930 that came together, one of them is magnetic, the other is not.
(Red kitchen magnet sticking to one, falling off the other)

My set of three #9930, none of them are magnetic (unless the crud on them is preventing a true test. I haven’t cleaned them yet).

View attachment 95338View attachment 95339View attachment 95341
It is interesting, carry on!

20240707_201337~2.jpg20240707_202407~2.jpg

Here is a visual of QuliMetal 9mm on left and #9930 3/8 on the right. Minor different in size with the 9930 just slightly bigger only noticeable when right next to each other. Also QuliMetal has the center support bar. They both have the same amount of bars so the 9930s have just a little bit smaller gaps between bars. Both seem like really great options to me. I'd buy either one again. Time will tell how they hold up. I have faith in the 9930s because of input from people here and prefer them best without the center support.

Last edited:
Frankly, it might not be stainless at all. Be wary of Chinese metallurgy from unknown manufacturers, that's my advice as an engineer and a member of Vine Voices. Amazon does not verify any of that stuff. Whenever you see oddly named Amazon sellers/manufacturers with nonsensical spellings (e.g. AOREWTGGH), it is likely a shady Chinese company attempting to 'game' both Amazon and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

My wife is an attorney and just attended a seminar on this tactic to overwhelm the USPTO by flooding it with AI-contrived 'company' names and patent applications. It enables predatory Chinese manufacturers to continue selling counterfeit/knockoff products while paperwork is 'pending'.
Just want to follow up on this, ever since you mentioned this, I’ve noticed that like 90% of the Amazon stuff I search for are from these companies. Not even grill stuff, or metal stuff, like literally everything.

Pretty crazy.

Back