304 Stainless - Magnetic?

John-NY

TVWBB Super Fan
I bought this warming rack which is advertised to be 304 Stainless.

AOREWTGGH 7513 Grill Warming Rack for Weber Spirit 700, Genesis Silver B&C, 7513/88719 304 Stainless Steel Warming Rack Replacement for Weber Genesis 1000-5500, Gold B & C, 24.9 x 4.7 x 4 in https://a.co/d/06GlsGqE

However, upon receiving it, it is magnetic.

What does that ultimately mean? Could it still be quality stainless? Or is it gonna rust away quickly like all the rest?

If I remember right that one is $10 more than the Weber chrome plated steel one. I think I would still get that one even if it's magnetic. I haven't found a better option. Ill probably still order it. Thank you for sharing that information.

If anyone knows of a higher quality warming rack for a x000 I'd be interested.

Last edited:
I bought this warming rack which is advertised to be 304 Stainless.

AOREWTGGH 7513 Grill Warming Rack for Weber Spirit 700, Genesis Silver B&C, 7513/88719 304 Stainless Steel Warming Rack Replacement for Weber Genesis 1000-5500, Gold B & C, 24.9 x 4.7 x 4 in https://a.co/d/06GlsGqE

However, upon receiving it, it is magnetic.

What does that ultimately mean? Could it still be quality stainless? Or is it gonna rust away quickly like all the rest?

Frankly, it might not be stainless at all. Be wary of Chinese metallurgy from unknown manufacturers, that's my advice as an engineer and a member of Vine Voices. Amazon does not verify any of that stuff. Whenever you see oddly named Amazon sellers/manufacturers with nonsensical spellings (e.g. AOREWTGGH), it is likely a shady Chinese company attempting to 'game' both Amazon and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

My wife is an attorney and just attended a seminar on this tactic to overwhelm the USPTO by flooding it with AI-contrived 'company' names and patent applications. It enables predatory Chinese manufacturers to continue selling counterfeit/knockoff products while paperwork is 'pending'.

Frankly, it might not be stainless at all. Be wary of Chinese metallurgy from unknown manufacturers, that's my advice as an engineer and a member of Vine Voices. Amazon does not verify any of that stuff. Whenever you see oddly named Amazon sellers/manufacturers with nonsensical spellings (e.g. AOREWTGGH), it is likely a shady Chinese company attempting to 'game' both Amazon and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

My wife is an attorney and just attended a seminar on this tactic to overwhelm the USPTO by flooding it with AI-contrived 'company' names and patent applications. It enables predatory Chinese manufacturers to continue selling counterfeit/knockoff products while paperwork is 'pending'.
I think this is enough to convince me to return them. Thanks for the info!

I wasn’t too happy to find them being magnetic to begin with.

He may as well just get the factory one for twenty bucks. It's more than likely all the other ones that claim to be stainless steel are the exact same one with just a different weirdo brand name.

Back