3 meals, 1 grill

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Since I've changed my eating lifestyle, I've learned to adapt with cooking dinner. Last night was a good example!

Started off with an nice piece of snapper. I asked for it frozen from the back, versus the display case.....you get a fresher piece of fish this way!

IMG_5866.jpg
IMG_5867.jpg

Seasoned with EVOO and Wolfe Rub Citrus and let marinate for a bit.
IMG_5673.jpg

My daughter wanted an Italian Sausage sub, so I got a couple links for her sub.
IMG_5868.jpg

Had a couple potatoes on the grill for about 45 minutes for my wife's steak. I added the sausages to cook indirect for a bit.
IMG_5870.jpg

Added some chunky garlic, carmelized onion spaghetti sauce.
IMG_5871.jpg

Simmered the sausages in that for a bit.
IMG_5872.jpg
IMG_5873.jpg

Then built her subs on whole grain Italian baguette.
IMG_5873.jpg

Couple slices of provolone.
IMG_5875.jpg
IMG_5876.jpg
IMG_5879.jpg
IMG_5880.jpg

Then it was time for the steak and fish.
IMG_5882.jpg

4 minutes per side, done.
IMG_5884.jpg
IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

My plate. The fillet was over a pound, so I only ate a portion. Along with some Kashi Pilaf, first time trying this and will continue to do so, but will add veggies to it next time. Also had some nice fresh salsa with the fish!
IMG_5890.jpg

Nice bite pic!
IMG_5895.jpg

My little baby after a day at the pool, with rosy cheeks trying to conquer the sub! BTW, she only ate one. Said she wants the other for breakfast! That's my girl!
IMG_5891.jpg
IMG_5892.jpg

Dayum, those subs look GOOD !!
BTW, she only ate one. Said she wants the other for breakfast! That's my girl!
Whew!! I was gonna say.....I would have a hard time eating 2 of them. LOL

Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Dayum, those subs look GOOD !!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW, she only ate one. Said she wants the other for breakfast! That's my girl!
Whew!! I was gonna say.....I would have a hard time eating 2 of them. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even though I really enjoyed my fish, I had a bite of her sub and really really really wanted to eat one! It was good! Nice crusty bread, sauce, sausage, cheese!

Thanks Bill!

Wow first off im getting one of those grate´s the marks of those ar just 5 star quality.

And about the cook i bet u had a "nice"(read FANTASTIC) dinner.

But hey who im i to tell u how the dinner was u have a Pro comment from ur family "Said she wants the other for breakfast! That's my girl!"

Keep it up

Bless//Me

Those Italian sub sandwiches look Outta This World Awesome! You can't buy those!!
I'd chow down both ovem and look for more
icon_biggrin.gif

The steak and fillet look Great as well

I love me some good snapper. Unfortunately I could not get any this year as BP messed up my fishing trip
icon_mad.gif

I have yet to try "manufactured" fish.

Originally posted by James Trapp:
I love me some good snapper. Unfortunately I could not get any this year as BP messed up my fishing trip
icon_mad.gif

I have yet to try "manufactured" "manufactured" fish.

I hear ya on that! I grew up on the NC coast......
icon_frown.gif

I keep learning stuff from your posts - the simmering the sausages in the marinara is a fantastic idea, as is asking for the fish frozen from the freezer instead of the display case.

Kudos on the salsa with the fish. My former boss in Dallas a couple of lives ago clued me into eating salsa on fish and it is a great topping for grilled fish of just about any kind.

Now go grab you some whole wheat tortillas, some of that pico de gallo and some low-fat shredded cheese and make yourself some fish tacos with the rest of the fish!

And please keep on posting the wonderful pictures!

Pat

I have always wondered about cooking over a long period of time with the Weber... I tried baking some potatoes (much like you did) for about an hour then I had to throw on some steaks but the fire was almost out by that point. Do you guys just fire up the chimney and add it more coals to be able to grill when doing long cooks with various types of cooking times/styles?

Back