2nd Mojoe Griddle Cook - Mollejas

KellyM

TVWBB Member
This is my second cook with the Mojoe griddle.
First I boiled the mollejas in water for about 1 hour. They stiffen up after boiling.
Rinsed them off and sliced about 1/2" thick.
Cooked some bacon on the Mojoe.
Next up, onions, bell pepper and poblano peppers.
The mollejas go on the griddle and cooked until they get a little crispy on the outside. Only used a little Lawrys Seasoned Salt on them.
Mix everything and into flour tortillas with some guacamole.

Raw mollejas

imgimg

In the boiling water

imgimg

Bacon on the Mojoe

imgimg

The mollejas on the griddle with onions and peppers on the edge

imgimg

After the mollejas are done and everything mixed together

imgimg

Flour tortillas on the Mojoe

imgimg

Taco Time

imgimg

I love me some MoJoe cooks! Always keep a bottle of water nearby to throw on for showing off.

I'm not sure what that is, honestly, but it sure looks good.

I love me some MoJoe cooks! Always keep a bottle of water nearby to throw on for showing off.

I'm not sure what that is, honestly, but it sure looks good.

Mollejas, sometimes called sweetbreads, are the thymus or pancreas of a cow (organ meat). Does not look very appetizing raw, but grilled until crispy, they are mighty tasty. According to my wife, these were the best I've made to date.

Hey Kelly! That was freaking awesome! I would venture to say that you are the first person to cook Mollejas on the Mojoe! Does Mollejas normally have bacon in it or is that a personal improvement?

It looks like you got the hang of Mojoe cooking very quickly!

Cam

Actually, I've never made or had it with bacon before, but I wanted to try bacon on the Mojoe. It turned out to be a great addition. After the bacon was pulled, the onions and peppers were cooked using some of the bacon fat, adding more flavor.
After all, everything is better with bacon.

At first I thought they were testicles, until you said other wise.I'll try any thing once,and those tacos looked really good. I would hit those hard!

Back