2nd Favorite BBQ

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My first favorite is BBQ Burgers, especially on my Pellet Grill, but my 2nd most favorite is Rotisserie Chicken on my Weber Kettle

Unfortunately, the Rotisserie Chicken took too long, and my bride made crockpot chicken soup and that's what we had tonight, saving the rotisserie chicken for tomorrow

Exceptional weather today, I got a ton of yard work done today, tomorrow it's all about working on the Halibut Boat

My first favorite is BBQ Burgers, especially on my Pellet Grill, but my 2nd most favorite is Rotisserie Chicken on my Weber Kettle

Unfortunately, the Rotisserie Chicken took too long, and my bride made crockpot chicken soup and that's what we had tonight, saving the rotisserie chicken for tomorrow

Exceptional weather today, I got a ton of yard work done today, tomorrow it's all about working on the Halibut Boat
The cat looks hungry in the background!😂

How do you set up your fire for cooking with your rotisserie?

Traditional two zone (one fire side) its my opinion that this is best because the concept of rotisserie is self basting, and 2 fires defeat that. I did mess up, the chicken is turning down into the fire it should have been turning up
Could you explain that in a little more detail? I've always used baskets, one on each side. What does "turning up" into a "single bank of coals" accomplish? Thanks!

Could you explain that in a little more detail? I've always used baskets, one on each side. What does "turning up" into a "single bank of coals" accomplish? Thanks!
Hi Jim, first you should know, this is my opinion, there's no science to it that I know of.

Having heat on both sides of the cook makes some great BBQ and if you're happy with the results, don't fix what isn't broken. I've had success with only having one hot zone. If you look at the pictures, you'll see that the chicken is turning down into the heat. This allows for the drippings to drop off no sooner than it leaves the hot zone. If it was turning up over the hot zone, the drippings would have to travel down the chicken on the up stroke until the down stroke, when the drippings would likely drop off. So basically, you get more "drip time" aka basting time. Remember there's no science to this, just some crazy old Irish guy who takes pictures of his food, LOL

Back