26R High heat ribs with gasser assist.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
IMG_9160.jpeg

All seasoned up and on the 26R at around 400° dome temp for an hour.

IMG_9164.jpeg

Then added butter chunks, brown sugar and honey. Wrapped up in foil and on the gasser indirect at 400° for and hour.

IMG_9165.jpeg

Set the sauce on the gasser as well.
I’v done this same cook using the gasser after it has an hour of Cherry wood smoke on the 26R many times. Works like a charm.
Hope you enjoy this cook and thanks for looking...

Looks great! And I love the idea of the charcoal/gas combo. A Thanksgiving or two ago, I did the bird that way. An hour on the Performer to set some smoke. Then, into the Genesis (aka 'Outdoor Oven') where temps are rock solid and it can finish without much babysitting. Worked out perfectly.

ChuckO

Fletch nailed the rib..
Excellent ribs Jeff. I like that rib rack, looks heavy duty. Who makes it?
see below.

Not to horn in--and this may not be what Jeff is using--but from his pic it resembles what I bought for Sous Vide cooks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PNJTBMG/?tag=tvwb-20

But on mine, I assume I would need to remove what appears to be rubber feet to use it on a high heat cooker.

B Fletcher

You are absolutely correct on the IKEA rib racks, you just have to remove the rubber feet and the racks are totally adjustable to the size of your ribs.

PS. Cleaning......once you pull your ribs fill the sink with hot soapy water and condense the racks and drop into the hot soapy water.
You'll thank me for that one...;)

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/variera-pot-lid-organizer-stainless-steel-70154800/

I don't think IKEA sells them anymore , might have to order another set.

The IKEA shows that they're available and they're 1/3 the price. I think I'll order one, I do have a big rib cook happening in July. Thanks guys!

The IKEA shows that they're available and they're 1/3 the price. I think I'll order one, I do have a big rib cook happening in July. Thanks guys!
Maybe I had too many links open at once. I think I paid $6.99 for mine.
The Amazon price is for a set of two Chuck.

Back