26" kettle shelf options

PeteJackson

I have this one and it's pretty good, but small (the picture makes it look much bigger than it actually is). https://www.ebay.com/itm/293998519596

Understandable per the tri-leg set-up because they don't want to much weight on it to cause any tip over. However with the new 4-leg version that was made for our 26" kettle a larger shelf could be used. Have looked on the internet and all the cool versions like slow-n-sear, BBQ Dragon, etc are for 22" versions. Any other options for the 26" I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

I have this one and it's pretty good, but small (the picture makes it look much bigger than it actually is). https://www.ebay.com/itm/293998519596

Understandable per the tri-leg set-up because they don't want to much weight on it to cause any tip over. However with the new 4-leg version that was made for our 26" kettle a larger shelf could be used. Have looked on the internet and all the cool versions like slow-n-sear, BBQ Dragon, etc are for 22" versions. Any other options for the 26" I am missing?

Thanks for any help.
I’ve had my 26 for years and have not had much success. Most everything is made for the 22” kettle. The 26 inch has a much bigger lip around the bowl so it doesn’t accommodate most after market products. I have the BBQ dragon for my older master touch and have not been able to figure out a way to adapt it to make it work. I actually have used for some time now the discontinued Weber Side Table. It’s a little unstable since the clips don’t fit but there is a groove for the handle in front and the legs will adjust. It’s small but provides some work space if you can find one

Attachments

• 88F6AB47-EEE7-4EF9-BD4A-F911ECC5E4D8.jpeg
    88F6AB47-EEE7-4EF9-BD4A-F911ECC5E4D8.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 32
I’ve had my 26 for years and have not had much success. Most everything is made for the 22” kettle. The 26 inch has a much bigger lip around the bowl so it doesn’t accommodate most after market products. I have the BBQ dragon for my older master touch and have not been able to figure out a way to adapt it to make it work. I actually have used for some time now the discontinued Weber Side Table. It’s a little unstable since the clips don’t fit but there is a groove for the handle in front and the legs will adjust. It’s small but provides some work space if you can find one
Thanks - yeah, I have an old fold out table that I used for my 22's, so I will see about adapting that for the 26. Cool retrofit with your table!

Agree. I've been hunting for a side shelf designed for the 18". No luck yet.
The 22 is by far the most popular sized kettle. Hence all the gadgets & gizmos for it.
I wish BBQ Dragon did their side shelf for the 18".

Thanks - yeah, I have an old fold out table that I used for my 22's, so I will see about adapting that for the 26. Cool retrofit with your table!
Thanks. I also adjusted the holes so I could used it with my 22” WSM since I added Weber style middle section handles. Wish they didn’t discontinue that side table…

I broke down and built this for my 26" sometime ago and now I'll be removing the top and am placing a piece of granite on it as the starboard is less than flame resistant, lol.
gYZgst3m.jpg

I broke down and built this for my 26" sometime ago and now I'll be removing the top and am placing a piece of granite on it as the starboard is less than flame resistant, lol.
Very cool - but, looking for shelf options. The cart is too much for my space requirements.

No space, bummer. I would then consider building a frame similar to the 37" ranch model then you could easily pop a shelf on it. The main advantage is it will be way more stable than the 3 legged tri-pod, add wheels and you can easily move it around. Just a thought and fairly easy to do if your least bit mechanical.

No space, bummer. I would then consider building a frame similar to the 37" ranch model then you could easily pop a shelf on it. The main advantage is it will be way more stable than the 3 legged tri-pod, add wheels and you can easily move it around. Just a thought and fairly easy to do if your least bit mechanical.
Already did. Was looking for a "already made for" the 26" shelf option, but a "custom" version seems to be what will be needed.

Attachments

• kettle frame.jpg
    kettle frame.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 15
I made a custom table/cart for my 26" Kettle using a standard Baker Scaffold from Harbor Freight Tools. Send me a PM if interested in the parts list/instructions.

Attachments

• IMG_7225.JPEG
    IMG_7225.JPEG
    150 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7226.JPEG
    IMG_7226.JPEG
    131.3 KB · Views: 28
Major reason why I purchased the attached to sit along-side my old Weber Mastertouch :)

I did consider buying a Weber 26” but the lack of accessories compared to the Weber 22”and that heavy lid was a turn-off.

Attachments

• A4A7F6D0-AC97-4A3E-946A-495BB763041C.jpeg
    A4A7F6D0-AC97-4A3E-946A-495BB763041C.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Back