26" Bowl & Lid - ideas for legs

Andy Linn

TVWBB Super Fan
Thinking about how I might support this kettle. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lift the bowl out of a stand and transport them separately. @Anne M. posted a photo of a rebar setup awhile back that comes to mind... Something simple and substantial. Any ideas?

Bought this 26" lid off of FB marketplace... The lid is pretty dinged up but it's a good fit to the bowl and will be functional.

I am thinking about a stand for it... in general I'd like to be able to transport it - say burgers at the lake, or a Thanksgiving turkey... Unlikely to be cooking on it at home much as it's just the wife and I. Pretty sure the only use my performers have seen has been for pizza since I got my Jumbo Joe.

- Stainless grates and an XL slow and sear are a definite.
- need a lid bale and ash catcher (I have an extra ash catcher from a 22 and I need to check the fit)
- couple handles

Attachments

• PXL_20221004_233938084.jpg
    PXL_20221004_233938084.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20221004_234037809.jpg
    PXL_20221004_234037809.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 14
Mine is very simple and made of scrap pieces I had lying around.
Basically: flat bar goes around the bowl, the bowl can be taken out. I had to remove the bowl handle for a nice fit.
Then 3 legs (more stable than 4). You van easily make those removable as well.
My kettle had one of those silly small ash collectors and that didn't fit. I used an old bowl of a much smaller, very cheap, by now obsolete, kettle to collect ash.
I can make some pics later today, if you want some

I like the visit to the muffler shop idea, some of those guys are pretty clever.I’d think you would want the legs removable, I might think about installing a hinge for the lid? But that’s me.

I think of all the options I have seen on the internet this evening - this post is the most inspiring: https://tvwbb.com/threads/webber-26-75-otg-mods.38610/post-458758

I think I may visit a muffler shop with my bowl and see if they would fabricate something for me. Am thinking just a simple donut shape for the bowl to nest into with arch shapes for legs.. I wonder if I could make that work and still use a lid bail.
You may want to PM GaryS the member who built it. He would have some insight for sure and is a real nice guy. I was thinking of doing something similar before building the mini ranch and he was super helpful and sent a bunch of build pictures. Anyway just a thought. Cheers

I can tell you what I did.

I took 3 eye bolts (these are bolts with loops on the end instead of just a hex head) and I alternated 2 washers (1 inch wide washers) then a hex nut, then 2 washers, then a hex nut, then 2 washers, etc until the bolt had about 2 inches of washers and hex nuts. These slide into the grill's leg flanges and are solid.

Then, using the 3 eyes of the 3 eye bolts, I attached chains that I connected to the bottom of my "table". The table I made was a metal shelving rack frame with a wood top. I painted the metal frame with pickup truck bed liner to prevent rust. I cut the chain to length to make the grill sit flush with a cut-out I cut in the wood top. I used turnbuckles on the end of the chains so I can micro adjust the chain lengths so I can make the grill sit exactly where I want it.

Adding up all the parts from the hardware store was a little pricey. I bet there's over $50 in washers, bolts, chain, and turnbuckles.

It works fine. I put wheels on the table legs, but when I am pushing the table around the grill will swing on the chains. The metal chain links could scrape/scratch the grill's exterior surface if I am not careful. But I really don't move the table too much.

I can tell you what I did.

I took 3 eye bolts (these are bolts with loops on the end instead of just a hex head) and I alternated 2 washers (1 inch wide washers) then a hex nut, then 2 washers, then a hex nut, then 2 washers, etc until the bolt had about 2 inches of washers and hex nuts. These slide into the grill's leg flanges and are solid.

Then, using the 3 eyes of the 3 eye bolts, I attached chains that I connected to the bottom of my "table". The table I made was a metal shelving rack frame with a wood top. I painted the metal frame with pickup truck bed liner to prevent rust. I cut the chain to length to make the grill sit flush with a cut-out I cut in the wood top. I used turnbuckles on the end of the chains so I can micro adjust the chain lengths so I can make the grill sit exactly where I want it.

Adding up all the parts from the hardware store was a little pricey. I bet there's over $50 in washers, bolts, chain, and turnbuckles.

It works fine. I put wheels on the table legs, but when I am pushing the table around the grill will swing on the chains. The metal chain links could scrape/scratch the grill's exterior surface if I am not careful. But I really don't move the table too much.
Darrel, I’m having a hard time figuring out what you’ve done, can you provide some pictures. This seems just different enough (read “crazy”) that I might want to do something like that but, I want to see it!

The granite top looks really sharp. It looks classy and easy to keep clean. It negates all the weathering issues standard tops have too. Great idea.

Really creative way to mount a 26” Kettle. Great result.

BTW, the Ravenna replacement cover you mention at end of video…. I picked one up on Amazon and am really pleased with it. It feels like really good quality and fits my SSP well.

Really creative way to mount a 26” Kettle. Great result.

BTW, the Ravenna replacement cover you mention at end of video…. I picked one up on Amazon and am really pleased with it. It feels like really good quality and fits my SSP well.
That is not my video. It is R Shack BBQ

Back