22" smokey

Logan S

I was wandering if they make an insulation kit for or smokers? I was thinking if I could insulate my baby, we could get longer smoke times with the same amount of fuel. Cold weather and wind wouldn't be an issue neither. Not that it is bad now. I pretty much just set it and forget it and watch my wireless thermo. I only tap the side once in a 6 hour period for ash control and that is the only time I go out. It always keeps my temps within +/- 12 degrees of my set temp.

how cold does it get in tennessee?
i've cooked in -5ºF without issues.
if you're out of the wind, only extra charcoal is required for smokin' in the extremes.
or, check this out.

Logan,
I can't find the link but a couple of months ago someone posted a pic of a windbreaker made with a 55 gal. plastic drum. I think car wash liquid comes in the drums. The ends are cut out and placed over the WSM (think it only works with 18.5"). It doesn't insulate but does break wind and I don't think it effects the flavor of the meat.
icon_smile.gif

Maybe someone can find the link. If interested, you could check Cookeville CL. There's a guy just outside Murfreesboro that sells the drums for $12 and I think he has them most of the time. He advertises on CL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It doesn't insulate but does break wind and I don't think it effects the flavor of the meat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUH HUH you said break wind UUHH HUH HUH effects the flavor of the meat UUHH HUH HUH

I'm sorry - I couldn't help myself.

Back