22-1/2 WSM top grate

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
Just called Weber. They told me that their 22-1/2" Charcoal grill grate will not fit the 22-1/2" WSM?
Is that true??

I wanted to order a stainless steel grate for my WSM

MikeZ

Last edited:
I have just had my replaced as the chrome finish is flaking off and they sent me the 22.5 hinged grate for the kettle and it fits just fine. But I'm calling them back cause they sent the wrong grate. Its not suppose to be hinged. I told them that after I seen the conf. email and they fixed the order and lo and behold I still received the hinged grate instead of the reg fixed one

If I were going to get a new grate for my WSM I'd opt for the Stainless Steel 22-1/2 hinged grate. I think the stainless grates clean up easier and last longer.

I use hinged ss grates in my Cajun Bandit on the performer and on my 18.5 WSM. Easy to clean. On the WSM the bottom grate rests firmly on the grate support strap nut about 1/2 inch higher.

Mike Z I might be wrong but when I read your initial post I was thinking you were meaning cooking grate of the kettle compared to the WSM but when you say charcoal grate I'm now thinking the bottom grate in the kettle as opposed to a cooking grate? Could just be a misunderstanding as the top grate for the WSM and the kettle I'm sure are the same size with the kettle having the lift up sides for fuel.

Ya, a little confusion here. Thread title says top grate but post says charcoal grate.
FYI, Weber does not make an SS charcoal grate ​for any cooker that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Back