2018 Spirit II Gas Grill Redesign

Wow, I never see them on sale. I guess it doesn't hurt to check.

There are some used ones locally with potential. There are also a couple interesting brand new in box units being sold privately:
Genesis S-320, natural gas, older model with the sideways burners, $500. I guess they're not as good for indirect cooking but I rarely do that.
Genesis II S-310, $600. One test said it didn't cook as good as the Spirit because of it's larger cooking area for the same number of burners.

Wow, I never see them on sale. I guess it doesn't hurt to check.

There are some used ones locally with potential. There are also a couple interesting brand new in box units being sold privately:
Genesis S-320, natural gas, older model with the sideways burners, $500. I guess they're not as good for indirect cooking but I rarely do that.
Genesis II S-310, $600. One test said it didn't cook as good as the Spirit because of it's larger cooking area for the same number of burners.

The old style is actually WAY better for indirect especially rotisserie

Sorry to get this thread off track!

One other thing I noticed was that the new knobs seem sturdier than the old ones, but as with a lot of things only time will tell.

Agreed...a few days ago I picked up a brand new Spirit SP-330 at Ace Hardware for $499. Had to order online - advertised at $170 off - with free assembly and free LP exchange.
The downside is it's only available in the NG version, but at that price point I have no problem ordering a new LP valve/manifold assy, regulator/hose, and side burner valve. That will eat up a good portion of the discount, but for an ss cabinet 3-burner with sear, ss grates, and side-burner, I have no problem with this.

The closest current model that I can find comparable to the above is the Genesis II LX at $1300. Yikes!

Update - it's been about a couple of months now with the conversion. The LP manifold assembly and hose/regulator cost about $130 and the swap-out was easy. I silver-soldered the side burner orifice and drilled to .041" dia

Simply put, I don't think I ever knew what a decent grill was like after cooking this this one. Temp control is easy and no issues with running too hot, etc, and I absolutely love the side burner - first grill that I've owned that had one. I'll recoup some of the $130 conversion by selling the brand new NG manifold and hose assembly.

Ouch, that conversion to LP was harsh on the wallet. But, glad you have a quality, well functioning grill now. I hope you find a buyer for the NG manifold. I would try Craigslist and FB first, and if you don't get any bites, then try Ebay to open up your customer base a bit. But, try to save the hassle and cost of Ebay fees and shipping before going that route.

Back