2018-ish Genesis II E-210 NG will not get hot

The good news is, I finally got Nicors' attention (NG Utility), they stopped by last evening to talk about my concern. The Tech's position is that anything from 6" to 6.5" WC is acceptable to them, so they will not be adjusting the regulator.

This morning I drilled the orifices out to .065", and with 45F outside temps, after a 15 minute soak, both burners full-on, the lid thermometer read 475F, my inside oven thermometer read right at 520F. These are the highest numbers I've even seen, and are much better than what I've had before, so I'm going to stop here. I finally did find a source for aftermarket orifices that have the conical seal areas like my OEM ones, once they show up I'll probably drill and use them, rather than the flat-seal style currently installed.

I really do appreciate everyone's input, and concern for my safety. TJH
Do you have a link to the orifice you ordered for future reference? Thanks

Do you have a link to the orifice you ordered for future reference?
Sorry, but I have to retract my recommendation of this vendor. After very close examination, the thread pitch is wrong, not just the outside diameter.

This ordeal would have been a lot easier if Weber would just sell these, without making me purchase the entire manifold assembly.

TJH

Attachments

• Weber blank orifice.JPG
    Weber blank orifice.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to retract my recommendation of this vendor. After very close examination, the thread pitch is wrong, not just the outside diameter.

This ordeal would have been a lot easier if Weber would just sell these, without making me purchase the entire manifold assembly.

TJH
I have had the same problem. Also the vendor I used no longer will sell retail. I wish there was someone high up in Weber management that would take customer suggestions. #1 sell conversion kits, #2 add rotisserie burners and IR side burner options to the Genesis line.

I have had the same problem. Also the vendor I used no longer will sell retail. I wish there was someone high up in Weber management that would take customer suggestions. #1 sell conversion kits, #2 add rotisserie burners and IR side burner options to the Genesis line.
Sounds like you are describing a Napoleon. I totally agree and the lack of those options probably cost Weber some sales.

Back