2015 Article: Class Of '85 - The Creators Of The Genesis

Chris,

I have gone to that article a number of times, and was actually thinking about printing it out. I am glad you have saved it here for long term posterity. Their account of those days at Weber in the early 1980s is just priceless!

I linked to this article on Weber.com back in 2015 in the Weber Gas Grills forum, but wanted to post a PDF copy here in case that source ever goes offline. It's a historical recounting of the challenges that Weber faced in bringing the Genesis gas grill to market, beginning with design work in 1981 and its eventual debut for sale in 1985.

Class Of '85 - The Creators Of The Genesis

View attachment 68552
I'm picking up an identical Grill to the one on the cover of this article tomorrow for restoration.

Screenshot_20241009_164850_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Chris,

I have gone to that article a number of times, and was actually thinking about printing it out. I am glad you have saved it here for long term posterity. Their account of those days at Weber in the early 1980s is just priceless!

Hey Jon, didnt you say the very 1st models came without the temp gauge in the hood? Just curious as this one has it.

Back