2012 Weber Kettle Restore

Beautiful restore and ready for another decade of grilling. That is, if you can bring yourself to use it now that it looks so perfect!😎

Looks beautiful! Looks new! Great job bringing the grill back to life. I found on my grill that using soaping steel wool effectively gets rid of most rust on the rivet on the hood vent.

Looks beautiful! Looks new! Great job bringing the grill back to life. I found on my grill that using soaping steel wool effectively gets rid of most rust on the rivet on the hood vent.
Thanks Mike I was wondering what the best way there was to approach doing that. That was the only step I did not tackle.

Samuel,
That is one clean grill,and mostly stock too. I love the lower bowl shot that is pretty.
I use SOS pads and simple green,what's your go to method?

Samuel,
That is one clean grill,and mostly stock too. I love the lower bowl shot that is pretty.
I use SOS pads and simple green,what's your go to method?
SOS pads and Easy Off Grill and Oven Cleaner plus hot water and Dawn and a razor scraper

Thanks Mike I was wondering what the best way there was to approach doing that. That was the only step I did not tackle.
If you don’t mind me asking, what is your asking price? I posted a perfectly restored kettle for $145 (a hundred less than a new one) and got no response for weeks until I gave up. I hope you do better!

868C2FD7-A7CD-44B5-879C-693326EAD141.jpeg
53F8A90D-B704-43CA-9784-1C4BC64EE2D1.jpeg
82E30CDD-014F-48DC-8445-18A77C750E48.jpeg

If you’re looking to sell a current-model Kettle, you really have to consider what your time is worth. Sure you can put a lot of effort into spit-polishing it, but somebody’s still going to dive on the same model that’s $30 cheaper, even if it’s not clean.

I have actually had people tell me that they have bought my Kettles because they are clean and did not mind the extra $30 for that reason.
Its a labor of love I suspect? If you enjoy doing the work and just break even or maybe make just a few bucks who cares! Not saying that is what you re doing but even if so its all good if you enjoy it. I liek working on almost anything and grills are easy fr the most part. Like Therapy.

I have one of these for working the dents out of stuff. You can't see it in the picture, but the back is flat and the side facing the camera has a gently curved face. I believe that it is an old auto body tool. The side on the left of the picture is completely rounded. It has one perfect three sided corner at the bottom right of the picture closest to my chest. It has some sharp edges and some rounded edged. Such a simple and elegant tool that fits comfortably in your hand.

IMG_20220918_081754.jpg

Last edited:
@CPine, The main reason I restore grills is to provide content for my Youtube Channel. If I make a few dollars then so be it. Most of the time I just make a little above even. I am not really in for the profit. It is just something I enjoy doing. Some of the grills I enjoy rotating into my collection of Weber's, and your right it is mainly a Labor of Love.

Ok thanks Samuel I never used the Easy off as I do not wear gloves much. But if I get results like your I may change my tune....
I use either can of Easy Off I have available at the time. The Yellow can has a chemical odor but if you use the Blue Can of it is more odorless. Either to have success I always recommend wearing the proper Protective Equipment. (Mask, Goggles and Latex Gloves).
Easy Off.jpgEasy Off Oderless.jpg

Last edited:

Back