2004 Genesis Gold Craigs List find! $50 grill

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
Every so often I check CL to see what might be there. Yesterday I saw a Genesis Gold for $50. I called the guy and asked if there was any rust. He said no but the hangers for the grease drip tray were falling off.
I went and checked it out. The only thing wrong with the grill, other than needing to be cleaned, was the aluminum drip tray tracks but I was they were there they were just bent way down. I grabbed it and brought it home.
First thing I did was to take the tracks off and bend them back straight and put them back on. They are perfect. My wife then said he could keep both my 1999 Silver B and the new Genesis! AND she is giving me the $50 for it as a anniversary gift (36 years).
Tonight I made 10 chicken wings on the Genesis, indirect heat and 3 turkey legs on the Silver B, there wouldn't have been room for both on either grill.

IMG_20160731_141232391_zpshr1bv7eg.jpg

IMG_20160731_155158058_zpsy67h2z9s.jpg

IMG_20160731_152432302_zpsv2l9qmth.jpg

Great find Jeff. I also have the same grill, although I have a red lid on it. Great gasser, mine heats up to 600 in 5 minutes.

Happy Anniversary!

Trying to decide whether to rearrange the BBQ area, put the two gassers together so one person could run them both without having to move between them, it would be crowded for 2 cooks but that hasn't happened here in 12-15 years if ever. and then the Smokers at one end instead of the middle

Jeff, I've got the same problem here's a picture of the parallel parking only for six of my nine Weber's. There is a big NG gasser on the patio by the grass and my 18.5 is in the garage being modified. The SJ is in the grilling shed with all the charcoal and accessories, smoking wood etc. Gets a little tight.
DSCN3565_zpsptl0e8jl.jpg

Last edited:
I moved the Silver B to see what it would be like if I had them set up for a single person to run both without moving. Two problems, the first is that the WSM's are is perfect, the second is where to put them.
Also I am not running a restaurant so if I have a couple steps between them it is not a big deal! It would be nice if I had the room but I will live with what I have for a while and see. I really don't see myself using the two of them that often, still thinking of giving the Silver B to my son. We will see...

IMG_20160802_123438850%20a_zpsf6h4ixjg.jpg

Back