20 hour butt

Craig Castille

TVWBB Wizard
Putt on about 9lb butt at 4:45 saturday afternoon.Pulled at 190 @ 12:45 sunday afternoon.

Had temps fall in the wee hours (woke up this morning and temps were @ 170). That never happened before, especially since it was warm (low 60's) overnight, and very little wind. I don't know how long the temps fell, but there was a lot of ashe build up on top of the coals.

The smoker recovered temps in about 45 minutes.

Anyways, looks the butt came out great, will pull in a couple more hours.

This is the first butt in a couple of months.....shame on me.

Couple of months? Yes, shame on you!

I've had that happen several times. And several times (in seemingly identical conditions) gone through the night with no drop at all. (Conditions are never really identical no matter how they appear.)

I cannot imagine having my WSM just sitting there being lonely for a couple of months. Maybe out of spite your WSM had a mind of its own and took out revenge on you and your PB?

They must be treated like a member of the family.

Anyway, glad the PB turned out ok for you. Good luck on a smoother temp hold next time.

The WSM has been used, just haven't had the right opportunity lately. WSM exacted revenge.....and I apologized. As long as I've been married, should have known better.

If the butt was tasty you know that the barbecue gods have forgiven you---this time. But they'll me watching you...
icon_smile.gif

Back