$20 Dollar Genesis 1000; Next Project.

That's pretty decent for $20. Is it a green hood or black? Looks to have some of the hard to find parts. The normal will need replacing, but you have some good upside I think. Make her look nice! And, please do share some progress pictures along the way if you can (y) .

Samuel,

Look forward to seeing! Green hoods are special and not an everyday thing. Great pick-up!

I have never found a green hood. Nice find! Good luck with it and definitely send updates. Congratulations!

I have green heads coming out the walls around me. I think the one I picked up last night is green.
Anyway, that grill looks to be in good shape. Probably the best original wood I have seen unless it was replaced at some point.
I noticed that they zip tied some lattice to the back of the grill.....Kinda funny.

I wonder sometimes if it is a regional thing or just by happenchance. I have seen more green ones for sale here than I ever did in Florida.

Probably regional. It could also be that they were unique to a certain retail outlet that was more plentiful in certain areas. I checked the grill I picked up last night and it is not green. My color blind eyes see it as a dark gray....Maybe it is the MICA color? Really kind of pretty actually.

It is a keeper.
Great find and what a survivor. Glad you're keeping it.

I regret getting rid of the 1000 that I restored. I keep it close. Gave it to my brother, then helped him rehome it to another friend last year. I go visit it about once a month and make sure they are keeping it covered and grates cleaned.

I'm going next week to replace the flavorizor bars and drop in some Summit SS grates, but only after I try to convince them to take the 30 year newrs chromed out Broil King I'm restoring.

Back