2 burner Genesis SS

Jack Patteeuw

In have a 15 yo Genesis 3 bruner SS. Best invest me I have ever made. It sits outside in the cold, rain and snow all winter and still works prefect ! My son's less than 5 year old Nexgrill is already showing some rust through on the fire box !

The only 2 burner Weber LP grills I can find are the Spirit models. Is the fire box aluminum like the Gensis ? Can you them them with SS grates ?

Yep, the two burners are aluminum as well and they will take Stainless steel grates.

Weber did make the Genesis Jr and XX grills back in the mid 80s which were two burners. They only made them for 2-3 years. They are in the "unicorn" category now and hard to find any longer. They had a rep for not being real good cooking machines, but the limited experience I have with them says they do just fine. They are mostly collector grills these days due to virtually no parts available for them any longer.

You could try to find a Genesis II LX S-240 - item 60004001 - out of production now but someone somewhere may have one sitting on a shelf.

I had a Genesis II LX S-240 for a while. Nice grill. I think I sold it and went to a Q320 after that. Honestly gets hard to remember all the grills. I do remember that I had to return the rotisserie as I had to keep the left shelf folded down because the rotisserie motor would not sit right (may have been an aftermarket one).20201021_175340.jpg

I was asking if size is a consideration, and if used is an option.

There are many more three burner genesis grills avail used, and parts are readily available, I think much more than the two burner variety.

That said, last fall I collected a nice two burner spirit for free and sold it for double the price. It seemed like a decent small grill and was perfect for a small townhouse patio.

Cost is the main issue. He has a small family and would likely never need the surface area of a 3 burner. He has a <5 year old Nexgrill and the firebox already has a hole in it !

Maybe I should look for a used Genesis SS 3 burner !

Jack, where I live at least there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in price that people ask for between 2 or 3 burner grills. I regularly see Genesis Silver B three burner grills for $25 or $30 on offer up or Fmp that are in pretty nice shape. You just have to look for them.

I had a Genesis II LX S-240 for a while. Nice grill. I think I sold it and went to a Q320 after that. Honestly gets hard to remember all the grills. I do remember that I had to return the rotisserie as I had to keep the left shelf folded down because the rotisserie motor would not sit right (may have been an aftermarket one).View attachment 55302
Yes, that would be an aftermarket - a Weber would have a black horizontal motor.

@Jack Patteeuw I see the same thing around me as @Steve Hoch . Lots of Genesis Silvers at a very low price. These last a long time and have readily available aftermarket parts. I'd highly recommend looking for one used and helping to make it like new.

Your location is USA so I don't know the climate you are in.

This one was "free" yesterday in the town next to mine. ( thought I did not get it )...

It might need burners, flav bars and grates and even if it needed them its probably $100 or so in parts to have it cooking like new. Check facebook marketplace and craigslist. search for "weber" and "webber" and see what's within 40 miles.

You can take one apart in minutes and fit it in a hatchback.

Anyway, that's my suggestion.

1658076182011.png

Last edited:
Maybe I should look for a used Genesis SS 3 burner !

Depending on the model, some of the "SS" versions rust out more. My preference is the enamel hood like the pic above with an open cart.

The stainless steel hoods have a liner that I pics of rusting, and many of the enclosed cabinets end up rusting inside.

Again, I don't know your climate so this might not be an issue for you.

Back