1st Brisket Cook (or How I Travelled Back In Time!!!!)

G.A. Green

TVWBB Member
Ok. Transplanted Texan, been in middle Tenn. 20 years. Have NOT found real bbq (brisket) since I've been here. Got WSM for Father's Day, found this site, read up on "how to" - completed 1st brisket cook overnite this a.m. 9 lb Costco, Mesquite chunks for smoke, slow to 190 degree, foil for a couple of hours. Slice - Can you say "PERFECT"!!! Can you say, "trip down Memory Lane to every small, south Texas bbq joint I ate at growing up, brisket, burnt ends, sandwiches, MEMORIES!!! Thanks Weber, Chris, and all who gave advice on this site. You just don't KNOW how good my brisket tastes! (Now if I can just figure out "Hill Country" sausage!
icon_smile.gif

Haha, congratulations!

I know what you meant about craving a true brisket (Texas boy myself)... awesome that you were able to make it happen. I'm only a year into it myself, but the WSM really is an awesome tool for turning out unbelievable food. I got mine as a gift too, and it's probably the best gift I've ever gotten in term of how much use I get out of it.

You'll be able to use if for a lot more than what you probably consider basic BBQ. You've got brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey, and sausages, but you can also do smoked salmon, unbelievable beans, fatties
icon_smile.gif
, smoked mushroom dip, and tons of other things. Just keep cruising the board and try some unusual things. Cheers!

Back