1999 Weber Product Catalog

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
1999 Weber Product Catalog

Related: 1999 Weber Price List

You know the saying, "They don't make 'em like they used to?" Well, that's certainly true of this 1999 Weber Product Catalog that I found on eBay.

I really geek out on Weber ephemera like this, because this kind of marketing material was never meant to survive for the long term. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is a beautiful piece of marketing. Weber doesn't make catalogs of this quality anymore; in fact, I've never seen another catalog with a spiral binding and an envelope bound into the back with an enclosed price list. It looks like something that would have been given away to dealers at a trade show, but this one was mailed by Weber to a "Bob B" at a residential address in Smyrna, GA in June 1999.

This 79-page, full-color catalog measures 8.5" long x 5.75" wide and is organized into sections including:
  • Charcoal Grills
  • Gas Grills
  • Cooking Gear
  • Charcoal Accessories/Replacement Parts
  • Gas Accessories/Replacement Part
  • Glossary
  • Ordering Information
There are a two unusual features of this catalog. One is that each section begins with a recipe on the left-facing page, with the right-facing page featuring a full-color photo of the recipe and a semi-transparent overlay on which the section title is printed. The other unusual feature is that the catalog includes a glossary, offering definitions for terms like "basting", "dry rub", "marinade", "searing", "Crossover Ignition System", "Flavorizer Bars", and more.

Enjoy!
Chris

1999webercatalog-1.jpg

1999webercatalog-3.jpg

1999webercatalog-4.jpg

1999webercatalog-8.jpg

1999webercatalog-9.jpg

1999webercatalog-27.jpg

1999webercatalog-28.jpg

Last edited:
A very high quality brochure for very high quality products. I wish I could order from this catalog today!

Very cool! You never know or knew what you had until it’s gone as in the case of some of this and those beautiful handles. Thanks Chris for the memories.

The catalog was probably laid out in Quark Express or Page Maker. How’s that for old schoolin’.

The catalog was probably laid out in Quark Express or Page Maker.
I did a lot of work using Pagemaker back in the day! In fact, my Pagemaker skills were instrumental in getting my first job at HP in 1989.

Bonus points for anyone who can remember the original name of the company that produced Pagemaker without looking it up online...you're on the honor system!

I did a lot of work using Pagemaker back in the day! In fact, my Pagemaker skills were instrumental in getting my first job at HP in 1989.

Bonus points for anyone who can remember the original name of the company that produced Pagemaker without looking it up online...you're on the honor system!
Aldus

I made lots of cash making newsletters in Quark Express. I was strong in it. Pagemaker, less so. All on an old Mac.

I’ll offer up bonus points if you were at MeklerMedia’s Internet World show in 94 or 95 at the San Jose Convention Center. I met this guy, Mark, who had a webpage Broadcast.com.

I discovered Original Joes on that trip.

Last edited:
On the nose! Too easy! 🤷‍♂️
I haven’t a clue! At that point in time, I was just getting into the jewelry business after selling graphic arts materials for years, I’m talking “Letraset” and ”Pantone” products. Does anyone remember the color of the box that stuff came in?
I still have several boxes of dry transfer lettering and some swag that I got from the company!

I’m curious, does that mean I need to clean the basement? (The wrong answer will require you to come and help!)

We will eat well though! Besides the wine/booze cabinet is down there for “Fortification”!😉

Last edited:

Back