18.5" Cast Iron Grate

Weber has the gourmet BBQ grate with inserts, I was looking into that or the craycort also, it will be nice to see which one gets better reviews

I think the craycorts are best used when your grilling in high heat and to get good grill marks. I don't see a benefit in using them in the smoker when temps you will be using are under 300. If your using both levels of the smoker I don't think the craycorts have handles to remove them to get to the bottom grate. This is my opinion I may be wrong. Maybe others members have different opinions...

I think the craycorts are best used when your grilling in high heat and to get good grill marks. I don't see a benefit in using them in the smoker when temps you will be using are under 300. If your using both levels of the smoker I don't think the craycorts have handles to remove them to get to the bottom grate. This is my opinion I may be wrong. Maybe others members have different opinions...

I think Tony is very right about that.

Peter

I think Tony is very right about that.

Peter

Yep...Tony is right as usual.
You want the CI for searing in your kettle.
With the thermal properties of CI, the grates would retain heat, and IMO, could have a negative impact in LNS applications.

Back