17.38 pounds of tri tip in my fridge :)

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I was near a restaurant depot today so I decided I'd better stop in.

I had to restrain myself from touching all the meats & cheeses. I got a 5# box of shrimp & crab ravioli, a gallon of Franks extra hot wing sauce, a pound of medjool dates, & a box of mangos - ---- I think that's only my third stop there.

12698697_10205802746209767_4635311261523072613_o.jpg

I was near a restaurant depot today so I decided I'd better stop in.

I had to restrain myself from touching all the meats & cheeses. I got a 5# box of shrimp & crab ravioli, a gallon of Franks extra hot wing sauce, a pound of medjool dates, & a box of mangos - ---- I think that's only my third stop there.

12698697_10205802746209767_4635311261523072613_o.jpg
ok.... so where does the 17.4 pounds of tri tip figure into this???:confused: or is that the tri tip in that large vac sealed bag that looks like brisket???

ok.... so where does the 17.4 pounds of tri tip figure into this???:confused:

$4.59/lb

The tri-tip is in the pic. I know I need a better photo host.....

>>>edit: Sorry Jim, yes there are 8 tri-tips in that cryovac package. I must have mis-read your post, I didn't think you could see the pic.

Last edited:
I know the feeling Clint. You can drop a lot of cash at those warehouse stores, but you buy in bulk, and that's the rub...

Tim

I know the feeling Clint. You can drop a lot of cash at those warehouse stores, but you buy in bulk, and that's the rub...

Tim

I think I'll give one to my neighbor that we swap BBQ & he lets me use his wood shop, another to a worker, and I guess that'll leave me with ~4 (been a while - they're ~3# each, right????)

I'll do one traditionally, and one I think I might make into Chili Colorado thanks to a recipe posted by Rich G:

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/johns-pressure-cooker-beef-chili-colorado-reader-recipe/

I see you already made it!!!! :)

>>>>edit: 8 tri-tips were in the package

Last edited:
Looks like a banquet-in-waiting. Found this recipe Franks Marinated Flank Steak that you might find a use for. Calls for flank but tri-tip should work well.

Geez, a gallon? I like the stuff but it would take me over a year to go through that. But then, the wife doesn't care for ANYTHING spicy so I'm the poor soul who has to eat all the good stuff ;) .

Looks like a banquet-in-waiting. Found this recipe Franks Marinated Flank Steak that you might find a use for. Calls for flank but tri-tip should work well.

Geez, a gallon? I like the stuff but it would take me over a year to go through that. But then, the wife doesn't care for ANYTHING spicy so I'm the poor soul who has to eat all the good stuff ;) .

You know I'm going to try that - thanks! I'll probably portion the wing sauce, 2 cups to a 1qt ziplock bag & freeze kind of like I do my soups. Not sure how else to do it.

With all that poundage of tri tips...need to dry age a few of those bad boys

I'd be down :)

Just like a steak??? Here's one I did 12/10/2014: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?56532-Dry-Aged-Ribeye-4-days

no Clint, your photo looks GREAT! Crystal Clear!
I just thought the package of meat was a brisket.... then realized it's probably a bunch of tri's all wrapped into one .....
That's a deal, 8 tri's under 5 bucks.... nice!

Back