14.5 Bandwagon

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
14.5 Bandwagon. UPDATED!!!!

OK, I jumped on the bandwagon this morning. Went to Lowe's this morning to pick up ten bags of Stubbs and Wallyworld is right next door. One left on clearance for $79. Although I didn't needed it cuz I have an 1880 E code

I couldn't resist. Breaking it in right now with a 6# butt. Not using the water pan I use a foiled 12" pizza pan. Two positive observations,. Right out of the box this little guy is cruising at 228. Top vent wide open and two bottoms closed and the third at half. The dome therm is just 5deg higher then the Maverick. I'll post pics when it's done.

That 6.5lb pork butt finally have up after 10 hours.

Time to go to work. BTW it's really good.

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see that business is booming for Club 14.5! I look forward to the cook photos, Bob. $79 is a no-brainer price...just a phenomenal deal.

Nice score our Wallys hasn't got squat on sale or closeout, probably a good thing though I've got enough.

$79 Bucks!!!! That is a great price!!!! So far, I am very happy with the performance of this little guy, it keeps temps spot on!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finish product! I got ribs on mine right now :). Welcome to the 14.5 club :).

Five hours in temp at 253. Pork Butt has hit the dreaded stall at 162 for the last hour.. I don't foil, gotta push through the stall.

Back