114F in Washington State

Washington can really heat up away from the water but I didn’t know it was that hot.
I’m on the water and it never got above 80 and I thought that was hot.
Some areas really cook, even Portland Oregon does the 114 temp thing at times.

Where I’m at in Washington the summer temp is usually in the high 60’s to low 70’s and often has a marine layer of fog/drizzle in the early morning.
Where I’m at in California the summer temp is usually in the mid 90’s to low 100’s and can easily go hotter than that.

The weather seems to be getting hotter the older I get.
I am just glad I don’t have to tolerate Diablo summers any longer if I don’t want to.

I am considering doing summers in Washington and winters in the Keys.

The weather seems to be getting hotter the older I get.
I am just glad I don’t have to tolerate Diablo summers any longer if I don’t want to.

For sure!
Born, raised & still live in the San Fernando Valley (suburb of Los Angeles). I remember 2-3 nights during the summer when it just didn't cool off at nighttime & we'd sleep with the A/C on.
This summer, we've had to run the A/C a majority of the nights.
Something is definitely going on with the climate...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in central NC it's been hot and humid for weeks. Waiting for a "break" in the upper 80s this week. I'll take it with no complaints, but have real concern for allayall that just aren't used to it.

More and more looks like we will stay by the bay when I retire. I’d planned on moving to a bigger house but I think I like 70 degree days too much. 70 degrees 70 percent if the time.

I read that the recent Tonga volcano eruption could raise temperatures globally for up to 5-10 years. I do not know anything related to this other than what I recently read...but I guess most volcanic eruptions cool temps where this one will raise temps due to the amount of water it launched into the atmosphere.

Back