10yr old Summit 670, Structural Rust and Weber discontinued parts so I cannot even repair it. $2800 wasted?

They seem to get great marks for grilling. But the big downside issue is that key parts rust or wear out much sooner than they should for a 2k plus grill and Weber many times is not able or willing to fully honor the warranty on them.

Living in a low humidity, low rainfall climate also helps with these grills. My 2002 Summit 450 is going strong and I attribute its condition, in part, to these factors. Also keeping the grill in a sheltered location completely out of the rain.

Ya like I said my S670 is early 2012 and is in great condition. Only thing I have done is had it professionally cleaned for the 1st time this August and covered it religiously. On my 2nd cover (they last about 4-5 years) and have replaced the lights on the handle.

Somehow we need an automated button when a person post Summit it pulls up Broilmaster P3.
“All that glitter (Summit) is not gold”
Broilmaster does not have all that glitter but is way more durable grill and it cooks great. About $100 every five years to replace burner and you set for life.

Last edited:

Back