10lb butt on the SmokeFire.

Bruno

TVWBB Hall of Fame
7D81A1FD-0A6F-4581-8BE9-70CD7BDDAC01.jpeg17554125-8610-4715-B31A-4F3B6840E816.jpeg17ADFABD-5C31-444A-9149-B4052894B428.jpegFinally got a good price on some butt!! 10 pound bone in, slathered in mustard seasoned overnight with dizzy dust coarse grind. First time trying the Dizzy Dust. SmokeFire is set for 225 with grillmaster blend and some hickory.
I’ve got an air probe going and one temp probe.
Going to pretty much leave this thing alone and see how the SF does. I might spray with some apple cider vinegar or mop with some Carolina no 6, an outstanding sauce/mop I found.
I plan to wrap it at 165 or so, but I also plan to get some sleep, worked a lot of hours this week.
I’m hoping for some good football food and a Niners win.

12:30AM, so much for getting some sleep :)
looks awesome, I assume this is when you wrapped it?

Another of a long list of successful cooks by the man Bruno! I had a small area of skin cancer removed from my nose on October 19, which unexpectedly required a series of complicated reconstructive surgeries. I'm recovering fine but still have some restrictions, and smoking and getting near heat are a couple of them. Being banned from outdoor cookers since that timeframe is no fun.

Another of a long list of successful cooks by the man Bruno! I had a small area of skin cancer removed from my nose on October 19, which unexpectedly required a series of complicated reconstructive surgeries. I'm recovering fine but still have some restrictions, and smoking and getting near heat are a couple of them. Being banned from outdoor cookers since that timeframe is no fun.
That sucks hope you heal up nicely! We’ll see how this going come out! So far couldn’t get much easier.

Back