1000-5000

Mike Tee

TVWBB Fan
Hi, I’m in Toronto. Have some extra parts for this if anyone wants.

Manifold - not sure if gas/propane. It was set up as propane but never got hot enough so wonder if it’s the wrong manifold.

Frame, side tables.

I’m planning to rehab the firebox and if that works will have a spare firebox eventually. Also a blue lid (not platinum)

Please let me know asap as if not I’ll put it out on the street.

You’re trying to get rid of a blue lid?! I cannot come get it but by all means, please don’t set that out on the curb!
I swapped it out years ago but put back the original just now. Cast your vote!

Debating cleaning up the cedar or putting back the thermowood.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 24
Durawood.

Check that. If you are not going to swap out the rest of the wood, then put a wood one back on there.

Durawood.

Check that. If you are not going to swap out the rest of the wood, then put a wood one back on there.
I’m not sure what you’re saying! I have the original durawood slats and also this 4 year old cedar which needs a sanding.

Edit: I figured out what you meant. Either revive the wood or go all durawood. I think I’ll revive the wood - there’s a reason I switched them all out when I got the bbq.

Blue or black?

Last edited:
In the picture of the Platinum, the slats appear to be wood. If so, my vote would be to restore that wood and get an original style wood handle. If the slats are really durawood, then I would go with the plastic handle that is on the black Platinum.

In the picture of the Platinum, the slats appear to be wood. If so, my vote would be to restore that wood and get an original style wood handle. If the slats are really durawood, then I would go with the plastic handle that is on the black Platinum.
In the photo the slats are cedar. Original plastic handle on black hood.

Blue hood has a cedar handle, but I haven’t routed it.

I’m gonna spend 5 minutes sanding and/or just rip some new slats, I have lots of cedar kicking around right now.

Hi, I’m in Toronto. Have some extra parts for this if anyone wants.

Manifold - not sure if gas/propane. It was set up as propane but never got hot enough so wonder if it’s the wrong manifold.

Frame, side tables.

I’m planning to rehab the firebox and if that works will have a spare firebox eventually. Also a blue lid (not platinum)

Please let me know asap as if not I’ll put it out on the street.

Back