$100 is this anything must own?

Ahh, the age old quandary... to buy or not to buy. So, I came across a nice green Gen 1 stuffed away in a storage unit and checked it out about 2 months ago. Original owner had it listed for $200 and couldn't think of letting it go for less back then... she just texted and said I could take it for $100. It's beautiful and in great condition... still not sure. LOL... do I really need this kind of project in my life?

Attachments

• received_883678173111471.jpeg
    received_883678173111471.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 23
Ahh, the age old quandary... to buy or not to buy. So, I came across a nice green Gen 1 stuffed away in a storage unit and checked it out about 2 months ago. Original owner had it listed for $200 and couldn't think of letting it go for less back then... she just texted and said I could take it for $100. It's beautiful and in great condition... still not sure. LOL... do I really need this kind of project in my life?
You could have a real "treasure" there. Try her at $75 and a quick pickup. Odds are judging by the looks you may have some time before any rust issues and even so, doing some treatment with high heat product then going over that with Jon's patch panels for not a lot of $$$ you still have a better grill than anything Weber makes today

Indeed... thanks for the input gentlemen. Story is that they put in a food bar with grill and this was relegated to the storage. Pretty sure this has been collecting dust for 10+ years. Opened her up a saw a couple burner holes were just starting to rust at the cutout edges... everything else was 100%. I'll run the $75 up the pole and see what happens.

Well, it would seem that I've pissed this lady off and she's not responded... yet. I'll take it as a sign to move on from "another" distraction, that I already don't have time for.

Happy New Year y'all!

Well, it would seem that I've pissed this lady off and she's not responded... yet. I'll take it as a sign to move on from "another" distraction, that I already don't have time for.

Happy New Year y'all!
Well that is too bad. Some people are just so touchy

Back