Any reasonable toaster recommendations?

What Clint said. +1!
As far as the guy being "moronic" he is actually VERY smart he just comes across a little umm "coarse" but if you take the time to actually listen to and watch his critique you'll learn things. If you're happy with your Dyson so nice for you. Me? If I paid that much for a device it had better be built of gold

The Smeg toaster? I have to get one of those. Oh, wait... $150? Maybe not. That's only $30 less than the 4-slice smart Breville.

I also noticed that even the very expensive ones have the typical uneven toasting issue where one side toasts darker than the other. That's one of the reasons I tend to prefer the ones that have a single long slot. You don't get heat from the other toaster slot leaking through and making the inside hotter than the outside.

I paid $220 (!) for a Magimix single-slot toaster that someone (Cook's?) at one point said was the be-all, end-all toaster. Not. Despite being single-slot, it over-toasts the top of slices despite the elements running only across the bottom of each side. Frustrating.

I paid $220 (!) for a Magimix single-slot toaster that someone (Cook's?) at one point said was the be-all, end-all toaster. Not. Despite being single-slot, it over-toasts the top of slices despite the elements running only across the bottom of each side. Frustrating.
The best one I've used was a Kitchen Aid single slot. Don't recall the model. It got rave reviews, but, of course, had been discontinued by the time I read about it. I found a refurb on Amazon for like $99 and jumped on it. It toasted even top to bottom and both sides and was reasonably consistent. I speak in the past tense because it got misplaced in a move. I can't understand why someone can't make a good, consistent toaster like that and have it last more than a year. And preferably have a remote GPS auto-locate function so it can be found after being misdirected in a move.

GRILL IT!

Or go caveman style - throw a whole loaf (sliced or unsliced) on the coals, & then portion it out in the freezer for convenient later usage.

Not toast, my bird pancake.
Some folks swore I manipulated it to form a bird, I did not, just flipped it over and there it was.
My only regret is that I ate it instead of putting it on eBay.

EbiVQbGni8melWOcN1cjRUDHMKsXX1wcjTNjQT8hjcGMlWDPaDv3DS1HlKlQXmnuC60dHVW47g-MSFPX7Zt_Ql2qgU1TO6myQ81abhNRrxcx3uIVgfY5yxz8kFS5MpNCNUcqVsaZgB0JpjB0CyApWqpKCPLTSee-cCbBPcCr_MR6Drt29bRnFGUOthAazUqllvWM5i7--fk4LKJqMUV8T0xtwczPc1sjiuBxAwA_d_Gu95c8KzRwAhyyvtRNSbwUU54Q6zJdLehU5_t8BUQgLDmiUaJTH0k_TC29d6M6VDEzxYjd47p0JOsffsAV9uyfhGaG_NIPYmuJ5ZwH87QLBKW_9sFSINqKgo9S99aCgceJTZrD29giEziF7I9P4Pp8c_d0e8Vi7i6G0TFrh5W561rakHJqYXLSBAkB5GIVDs1EEZ0OU1YHg3ssvfaVcQUkde_ZHtaEQtPjYIckdEqTU4UcVt2AqOCdUngYMvhuTiANJwsPTPN2hk1sY8T2xtOitVNg_c9P29n513WocNApG5WKrzfEtHk1UgBGBTCh8YLZ2My5UlD5t0-3bEFrBL9uP7dpKzq0swUiw77FYqIhk_aHPgEcOX-DrK98PMb4=w1344-h898-no

You can only put it on FleaBay if it has the face of Jesus or Virgin Mary. Birds not allowed LOL

Back