I will just leave this here

WHEWWWW!!!!

That is an amazing and beautiful time-warp, but there is no Weber kettle of any color or kind worth that kind of money in my framework. Kettle collectors are SERIOUS people. I wonder if the very early Genesis or other special edition Genesis grills will ever get that kind of attention...

There were postings on the bay for brand new in box never used Genesis Silver or Gold C for upwards of $1500. Marginally worth it.

There were postings on the bay for brand new in box never used Genesis Silver or Gold C for upwards of $1500. Marginally worth it.

Not worth it to me, either, any more than that Kettle. The thing is, though, extra nice rare color/style Weber kettles DO sell for those stratospheric prices:eek:. And if there is a special one that looks ugly but can be cleaned up, it is snapped up by a Kettle collector in a flash. I don’t see that happening with any Genesis gas grills, even the very first ones or Jr.s or other special models. They do appear for sale from time to time, but they generally don’t command big prices or rapid sales.

One difference, I guess, is that a kettle is relatively small and simple. You can keep a billiards table worth of different colors in your garage - quite a few collectors DO!:

9iu7n7.jpg

Also, they go way further back and the kettle is still the iconic logo of Weber. So, they have more of a cult following.

I like kettles and am blessed to have a nice MBH (metal bowl handle) red kettle and a couple “flat-top” 26ers. My real passion, though, is still Weber gas grills. I wish I had space and money to collect them like some of our Weber Kettle Club friends accumulate kettles.:eek: It is probably a good thing I don’t;)!!!

Last edited:
I would probably grab that if it were close to me. Looks to have potential. Certainly an under appreciated grill:(.

I would probably grab that if it were close to me. Looks to have potential. Certainly an under appreciated grill:(. I found the ones I had to be well-built if homely grills. They have a very wide temperature range from super hot searing to indirect low and slow bbq.

You can restore them much like a Weber Genesis:

2zob51z.jpg

qxp07o.jpg

Last edited:
Yup Jon, I would grab that too but it's 3 hours away one way and not sure what kind of excuse I could come up with the wifey. I wouldn't mind having a Broilmaster in my lineup.

Plenty of BM i have to restore 😁

Back to Weber i think $1500 for a NOS Genesis especially Gold C compared with the junk rusting Summit...for same $$$ is definitely worth it.

Last edited:
I would love that Vieluxe but bet your shoes Weber has seen to making it unrepairable if something does go wrong. Though, I bet some parts are interchangeable to the 1st gen Summit

Shoot, if I was that close I'd just go and check it out since it's one of those unicorn grills.

That is out of my league, but it is the ultimate of Weber gas grills and probably one of the very best of any gas grill made. Larry is right, though, you would pretty much be on your own. Some old Summit parts I think will work, but the the most part you would be looking at custom fabrication to keep one of those beauties going. I have heard of them being listed sometimes a lot cheaper, but if this one is in really nice, complete condition, the price is not unfair.

Pretty much a long list of "discontinued" items. Most of what they do have, understandably, are parts common to other grills. The Vieluxe is the ultimate dream grill. If you haven't read the history, Google the Vieluxe story. This was like the original 1956 Lincoln Continental Mark II. Virtually hand-made. Too bad both were a reach too far...

Anyway, while it would be totally awesome to own and use a Vieluxe that was in good working order, like the '56 Lincoln it would require challenging maintenance. Restore one? Fugetaboutit!!!!;)

Back