Thread: gas go anywhere griddle question

gas go anywhere griddle question

Mostly cook on my charcoal kettle. Also have a q220 that I use occasionally. I have the griddle that fits on 1/2 of the q220 grill. The instructions for the q220 say not to use 2 griddles inserts to cover the whole grill. I am thinking about getting a gas ga for camping. I have also found an aftermarket griddle that fits on 1/2 of the ga grill.
    Do you think it would be possible to get 2 griddle inserts and cover the whole grill or would I only be able to cover 1/2 with the griddle just like my q220? Thanks.

Hello, Katie N - welcome to TVWBB!

It's a gas safety issue. The question is:

If the two griddles create a significant enough ventilation restriction on the Q.

Could that condition, in a worst case scenario (high winds, for example, where the flame is blown out), potentially create a situation where enough gas builds up in the cooker to create a condition for an explosion?

I would only use a two-griddle setup if I was on-site and left the lid on the Q up. Let us know how your cooks go!
    Last edited by Jepprey P; 10-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    SJS (N, DR, CU, CM) | WGA Charcoal (P), Gas (CM) | Q100 (2007) | Char Q (DE) | SJP (DR) | 22.5" OTG (DR) | WSM 14" (AH), 18" (AD), 22" (AU)