Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q1200 Gas Smell

Q1200 Gas Smell

Iíve owned my q1200 for 2 years, great little grill.

Iím not sure if Iím just paranoid but recently Iíve noticed a smell of gas whenever Iím using the grill.

Iíve tested for leaks and nothing was found. The only thing I have noticed is that the smell is coming from the gas regulator vent hole area along with a ďhissingĒ sound.

Any ideas of what this might be?

Regulator diaphragm is leaking gas. Your regulator is bad. Have you tested for leaks right at the regulator?

Yeah you need a new regulator/valve assembly. I would not use it until you replace it

I would call weber on that one. I would think a two year old Q1200 would still be under warranty. Otherwise, a replacement regulator is going to be pretty expensive. Your other option would be to convert it to a bulk propane tank with hose and regulator, but then you lose the portability factor.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

They're not expensive really. Find them on FleaBay all the time in the $20 to $30 range

Yah, but then you are getting a used one with no guarantee it will work and I don't know if there is a difference between Q100/120/1200 grills. I would try Weber first and hopefully get it free if not being assured it is the correct part. Ebay would probably be my second source though.

You can buy new things on EBay just as easily as used. So I have seen these new just as I stated for that price point

Call Weber and get it under warranty. That is part of the reason they command the
    price that they do.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

I agree, i'd call Weber. If they refuse to cover it because the 2 yr warranty ended, I wouldn't feel bad about pressuring them to cover it. This isn't a cheap grill. The Q1200 is $300+tax in canada and never goes on sale unless it's on clearance

Wow, there are people seeing them in Target stores down here for just over $100 US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast