Your chance to own a rare classic genny!

I have one just like that, ready for rehab once im done with summer math classes.

Someone here should buy it, we can form a 5000 club to rival the powers of the skyline club. Things would be good, untill the two clubs eventually disagreed on the proper way to restore old 1000-series, and the Skyline club laid claim to all old Genesii in the dry states, leaving them with the majority of rust-free grills in the US. The 5000 club would disagree, claiming equal rights to old Webers for everyone, and insist wealthier members should share their excess parts with poorer members, giving birth to a standoff between the two clubs that resulted in nothing getting done. This biclub system would destroy the board, and old Skylines and 1000's would rot away, horded in the backyards of frustrated wives (and husbands). Eventually, a revolution would have to come, the clubs would be destroyed, and 1000-series Webers would henceforth be known as Freedom Cookers.

Also, seems a bit epensive for what looks to be a total resto job?

I have one just like that, ready for rehab once im done with summer math classes.

Someone here should buy it, we can form a 5000 club to rival the powers of the skyline club. Things would be good, untill the two clubs eventually disagreed on the proper way to restore old 1000-series, and the Skyline club laid claim to all old Genesii in the dry states, leaving them with the majority of rust-free grills in the US. The 5000 club would disagree, claiming equal rights to old Webers for everyone, and insist wealthier members should share their excess parts with poorer members, giving birth to a standoff between the two clubs that resulted in nothing getting done. This biclub system would destroy the board, and old Skylines and 1000's would rot away, horded in the backyards of frustrated wives (and husbands). Eventually, a revolution would have to come, the clubs would be destroyed, and 1000-series Webers would henceforth be known as Freedom Cookers.

Also, seems a bit epensive for what looks to be a total resto job?

One of the best posts ever. I am glad I have a stash of Freedom Cookers. I live close enough to get that grill. 5000's are not my style. The glass doors look like an old stereo or something. I do like the special pin stripe hoods and I think they would look good on a Frankengrill.

oQQj5wtl.jpg

Yah, I agree. Those glass door 1000's would be great for collectors, but probably not something I would rehab to use.

Yeah, my out of control collectoritous would probably make me do something stupid if that was near me. It is a very historicallycool grill. I agree with Fred that my mind immediately goes to my stereo in my college dorm room in 1983;). But, that is part of the cool factor of this being a very original 1980’s Weber idea. I hope someone gives it a good home.

My soft spot for the not seen every day makes me really like the 5000, Skyline, and all other rarities. It goes beyond Weber. I hated to part with my Comanche, my 63 J200, and my 73 IH Scout. The car guys here will know what those are. Cookie cutter it's okay but I have a weakness for unique. It's probably a good thing I don't have the funds to support the unique that I like. If I did I would have aweber collection equal to some of our friends at TWCC, a bunch of old vehicles waiting for me to do something with, and no telling how many other things taking up space.

With all that said I could never go to war with the Skyline 5000 clubs.

Dang, that was a long post that said absolutely nothing. :)

Back