The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: Looking for 14.5" accessories

TVWBB Fan

Looking for 14.5" accessories

Can anyone provide a part # and /or source for a rib rack that fits a 14.5"? Also need a shallower drip pan, the original sits on the coals for long cooks. Looks like they don't burn right doing so.

Thanks

TVWBB Super Fan Vincent Carrocci's Avatar
    Hi Bob. I've fired up a 14" WSM for the first time today and I'm running it with the stock water pan to see how it holds temps. My first thought about a shallower replacement would be a round cake pan or a deep dish pie pan. According to the specs, the stock water pan is 11.5" in diameter but what will matter most is how far the metal tabs on the grill straps that hold the water pan extend into the cooker. I think most cake and pie pans run in single inch increments so finding an 11.5" pan might be tough. On the other hand, a 12" diameter pan might fit if you don't plan to use the lower cooking grate. I do have a 12" round cake pan and I'll try it out once my temperature tests are done and the cooker cools down.
    Rhythm 'n QUE - All WSMs . . . All The Time

See this thread for discussion about rib racks for the 14.5" WSM: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?495...t-fit-the-14-5

It looks like the Brinkmann rib rack is preferred.

Brinkman 812-9236-S Non-stick Rib Rack
    Weber 6605 Original Rib Rack

More threads on ribs in 14.5" WSM in these search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=tvwb...b+rack+WSM+14"

TVWBB Fan
    thanks folks.

Hi Bob. I have the 14.5" and can confirm the Brinkmann being a perfect fit. I own 2 actually to cook at both levels

That thought with the shallower water pan is an interesting one. I only cook with lump (results close to no ashes) and can go like 10 hours with a single load in the 14.5". I also noticed that lump is almost touching the water pan but never really cared... though I always use the water pan empty as well. Maybe if I replaced with a more shallow one, I could go like 13-14 hours with a single load of lump? Hmm.