2003 silver b lid nuts

Dale L. in N. Ga.

TVWBB Member
Hopefully this is a simple question. What type of nuts hold the side pieces to the lid. I need some and am going to try and pick some up locally. Are they stainless or what?

These are 1/4" thread cutting nuts. Some like these:
https://cliphouse.com/ThreadCuttingNuts.aspx
I have not found stainless steel versions yet and I have searched a lot. And Weber did not use SS either. I got mine at a local HW store in a box of 50.

Stefan, Thanks! That’s a helpful link that needs to be added to the parts sticky if not already there. As fast as those get covered with grease that helps ward off rust, it is probably not a big deal that they aren’t stainless. Shiny new ones do look nice on a restoration, though!:D

Does anyone know which size we need. It seems to me there are two different sizes for the older Webers. I think stainless ones would be great, but after a few cooks, they will be as black as any other nut. Also, if the originals are still working after 20 years, I think a new set of Zinc plated ones will be fine for another 20. The zinc plated ones look nice and shiny when new as well.

Bruce, you need the nuts for 1/4“ stem. They should fit a 7/16“ or 11mm wrench. I am a metric guy and use 11mm socket/wrench most of the time.

Back