I'm smoking Pork Loin Country Ribs tomorrow but not sure about temp and time

EdP

TVWBB Member
I've been hit or miss the few times I've done them. Each time I tried to keep temp around 225, and I think I've over cooked, but one batch came out great.

I'm wondering if running hotter, 250?, for a shorter time is better.

What are the temps and time you're using? Do you put them in a pan, or wrap them, at any point?

Is a meat thermometer effective? What temp do you look for?

Thx for any advice

That's a great video. I'm going to follow his instructions.

The thickness of the butt cut (thinner)and loin cut (thicker) allows you to cook both the same way.

He cooks@275 degrees

Up to 1.5 hours with spog and rub to about 150 degrees

Then pan with pineapple juice/bbq sauce for up to 1.5 hours

Finally glaze with sauce 5 minutes each side

Finish temp 195-200 degrees

2 1/2 - 2 3/4 hours total time

s7jj7GJ.jpg

I've been hit or miss the few times I've done them. Each time I tried to keep temp around 225, and I think I've over cooked, but one batch came out great.

I'm wondering if running hotter, 250?, for a shorter time is better.

What are the temps and time you're using? Do you put them in a pan, or wrap them, at any point?

Is a meat thermometer effective? What temp do you look for?

Thx for any advice

Probably done by now,
But yeah 250 is better. There's no reason to cook anything at 225. None. Particularly meat that you want to get to about 200 degrees at the finish in order to get it tender. Your rate slows down to virtually nothing as it approaches 190. 250 is about 2x as fast toward end of cook than 225.

I take pork ribs to about 200. But i want it butter soft when stick probe in. Might be 205.

Last edited:
Probably done by now,
But yeah 250 is better. There's no reason to cook anything at 225. None. Particularly meat that you want to get to about 200 degrees at the finish in order to get it tender. Your rate slows down to virtually nothing as it approaches 190. 250 is about 2x as fast toward end of cook than 225.

I take pork ribs to about 200. But i want it butter soft when stick probe in. Might be 205.

I've noticed that with briskets and butts, I'm going to try running hotter this season. And I just started smoking with no water.

I have a question, are not these ribs, just the top part of a Boston butt, What it appears is the date of the Boston Butt expired, the store cut up the butt and repackaged the expired meat cut and get new date on expired meat. I thought it was illegal to repackage date expired meat products.

Back