Thread: Water Pan Lid?

Water Pan Lid?

Anyone ever use the lid on the water pan? Iím hoping that the lid allows some evaporated water to seep out for moisture while retaining the rest for condensation and reboil. I tend to run out of water during my cooks and have to refill the pan. Iím eventually going to do an overnight brisket and really donít want to have to get up to fill the pan.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    AFAIK, there is no lid for the water pan. Besides, drippings on it (if you used a makeshift lid) would make a real mess in the bottom ash area. Don't even think about it.

Just refill if needed (I never needed to when I used water) but once you get better at managing temps, switch to a foil lined terra cotta saucer set into the empty water bowl.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Someone makes a lid for the pan on amazon, but my impression is it's not meant to be used with water. It's meant to just cover an empty pan. Some people in the comments seem to report doing what you say, though. I don't know how well it would work.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow ĎN Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2