Thread: Pella-A Weber Kettle Pellet Adapter

TVWBB Member

Pella-A Weber Kettle Pellet Adapter

This is a project on Kickstarter that allows a 22” kettle to be adapted to a pellet grill. Not sure I have $200 laying around, but I am tempted to add to this to my “gadget” collection.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ect&term=Pella

WSM 22.5; WSM 18; SS Performer; 22.5 Silver; 26.5 OTG

TVWBB All-Star
    I wish them luck but there isn't going to be on on my kettle!
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I wish them luck but there isn't going to be on on my kettle!
    not on mine either!
    22.5"A life without a Weber grill is a life without good eating...

There might be a limited market. Unless it is height adjustable it will only fit one type of kettle. 18.5", 22", Premium 22", Master-Touch 22" and the Performer do all have different heights.
    Blue Genesis Platinum, Green Performer, Crimson One-Touch Premium, Fuchsia Q1200, 22" Kettle and a waiting for restoration.

TVWBB Pro
    Interesting. I've been seeing these for a while on Craigslist that seemed to be more versatile or grill height, and far more aesthetically pleasing. I don't own one, and have never tried one. I just always see it for sale when I'm searching Craigslist.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fo...854073936.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CA View Post
    Interesting. I've been seeing these for a while on Craigslist that seemed to be more versatile or grill height, and far more aesthetically pleasing. I don't own one, and have never tried one. I just always see it for sale when I'm searching Craigslist.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fo...854073936.html
    I love my Rec Tec "Bull" full-size pellet grill. I don't have the money for that Sacramento CL post you linked, but I would rather have that add-on and use a Weber Kettle than to buy Rec Tec's pellet kettle model. This even though I really respect Rec Tec. So, if I had extra funds, that option would have its appeal. Big question is how hot it can get a kettle. Pellet grills are great smokers but not really up for true high heat grilling. Rec Tec's kettle-size model seems to claim a little higher heat than their bigger pellet grills. However, the Weber kettle would make a better platform in my opinion. If this add-on could provide enough heat to at least do burgers and steaks respectably, it could be a really nice thing to have.

The other add-on originally posted does not appeal to me.
    Last edited by Jon Tofte; 04-12-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB Super Fan
    Cool. I have always wanted a Weber Kettle that can't sear.
    18.5 WSM. 22.5 OTS

I really would have liked one but on their website they only ship to US and Canada - and I'm in Denmark (Europe)