Red Head SSP restoration

Wow, Dave, that IS a beauty! You might want to promote that one on the Weber Kettle Club site. There are members there who will really appreciate what you are selling. Stick to your guns and be patient; that one is worth waiting for a discriminating buyer. Hope you get full price:coolkettle:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.
Here is what I started with:

6MF1l7Tl.jpg

3BycGltl.jpg

Hope this one sells quick. My garage is packed. I have a blue just like it that I started tearing down
tonight. Not quite as good as condition though. Bowl is about the same, but some rim rash on the lid.

It's a true thing of beauty Dave, and exactly what I'm looking for.
Wish you were closer, I'd love to have it.
Ever think of taking a vacation to NC? ;)

Awesome. I have been looking for any colored Performer for months but they hardly ever show up in my neck of the woods. And when they do they get snatched up within hours.

I know this is a necro post but how did you get the frame so vibrant? I have a ssp I am restoring and I have washed it with soap and water. But it just looks dull and kinda white-ish if that makes sense. The paint seems to be in great condition just lack luster.

Welcome to TVWBB, John!
The black frame parts on these old Performers as well as old Genesis grills almost always have to be repainted. Use high heat semigloss black for parts exposed to the heat and regular semigloss black for the rest. Rustoleum and Krylon both have products that work well. You can be sure that’s what Dave did.

I know this is a necro post but how did you get the frame so vibrant? I have a ssp I am restoring and I have washed it with soap and water. But it just looks dull and kinda white-ish if that makes sense. The paint seems to be in great condition just lack luster.
John, you can try fine steel wool and car wax on the grill frame to restore some of it's shine. I've done it before on grill parts that I didn't want to repaint.

Back