Burger Press

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
We eat a lot of ground wild game. Will mix in onions, spices, ground pork etc.
I’ve tried several burger presses in past but never found one I loved.
Got a Cave Tool 6 burger press.
I think it’s a winner.
Simply divide 2 pounds of ground meat into six portions in place in the press put the lid on top and push. Good burger comes out into six good-sized 5 to 6 out the square burgers. The best two things is the burger does not stick to the press and come apart and the burger press is bottom rack dishwasher safe. You can even freeze the burgers in the press and use them frozen later without having to dirty any other. good burger comes out into six good-sized 5 to 6 out the square burgers. The best two things is the burger does not stick to the press and come apart and the burger press is bottom rack dishwasher safe. You can even freeze the burgers in the press and use them frozen later.

https://imgur.com/a/NJRXQcv

John:

If you want round ones, Tupperware made a great interlocking set back in the day. Not sure if it is still available, but they work well. I bought a Weber press which was not good.

I loved the Tupperware burger stacker set! I think I still have a couple of them being used for other purposes right now!
I think I want to see if they still make it, Amazon, here I come!!!

They still make it but, dang! They are expensive now, four containers the press and covers are something like 35 bucks or more! They will last for quite a while and, I’m going to consider getting at least one set, it would be pretty convenient for vacationing at the cottage, make them up in advance and use them as ice for the trip up then use, wash and refill with water to freeze for the return trip! Hmmm...
How do I sell that one to my wife? I will figure that one out, before vacation time, or just buy burger up there! Maybe smarter to do that.

Last edited:
I did my fair share of research on burger presses and finally settled on this one from Pampered Chef: https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Cooking+Tools/Prep+Tools/Burger+&+Slider+Press/1174

After messing around with others, and seeing others mess around with their own presses, I'll never own another one. It's great! I highly recommend it.

This is last year when I was messin' around/experimenting w/ the Vortex I just bought. You can see how big the burgers are compared to the opening of the Vortex and the steak. I think that's a top sirloin cut of some kind. I can't remember.

IMG-6145.jpg

Back