rare find but too rich for my blood

Good find. Someone here should grab it.

Jeff

I love you Jeff but I doubt anybody would pay that for that grill but of course been wrong before maybe someone here but with the flood of the Lowe's grills tough to swallow.

I noticed a few things he did not take a picture of the box as its supposedly new and never used to see what you are exactly getting. He takes pictures from the internet one is missing the drop down table and the second photo has north south wood on the bottom shelf but they are wide slats. So what is it? For sure he or she would need to give you the serial number so you could check it with Weber.

Last edited:
It was probably easier for them to link existing pictures from the web. However I am curious exactly what it is. Some pictures of a 20ish year old grill new in the box would be cool to see.

At first I thought that price was ridiculous. But if it's really "new in box" I think It would be worth that to the right person. Someone that likes the old style grills but doesn't want a used grill. That's probably about what it cost new.

It was probably easier for them to link existing pictures from the web. However I am curious exactly what it is. Some pictures of a 20ish year old grill new in the box would be cool to see.

I emailed them for the serial number see with what they come back with, no interest obviously from ATL and just found an 1100 Redhead for free but someone looking for that here maybe an offer to get something needing nothing and brand new is worth it to them.

I think $350 would be more in the ballpark for a lot of buyers. I've seen some nice examples of similar grill's around me listed for 300, but they stayed listed, and got relisted for a long time. If it was close to me I could be a player for around 250 just so I could have a really nice never used one.

I think $350 would be more in the ballpark for a lot of buyers. I've seen some nice examples of similar grill's around me listed for 300, but they stayed listed, and got relisted for a long time. If it was close to me I could be a player for around 250 just so I could have a really nice never used one.

I think they could get more than 250 by the time you rehab one add up your hours and parts although most of us enjoy the restore process for something that needs nothing lot to be said for that. Having said that it has to be someone from here or another forum to even consider that, the average person does not even know what these grills are, nor are they going to pay that kind of money for a grill that old. I have said this before not one friend of mine till they saw my restore even knew they existed.

I threw out$250 for me only. At that price I might do more than just drool. It's worth more than that but I couldn't justify it.

I threw out$250 for me only. At that price I might do more than just drool. It's worth more than that but I couldn't justify it.

Trust me if it is what he said it is I would pay $350 for that in a heartbeat, sell my 2 Redheads actually one going to my daughter so sell one and go on from there. But did those come new with stainless flavorizer bars maybe both mine have those and both are in fantastic shape no need to replace them. The first red burners were shot 2nd they replaced good to go. The originals probably did not come with stainless bars since they probably did not exist then now we have he new finds for not a lot of money probably last forever we will see.

Just rambling here you might be able to get one for free replace everything with better parts all stainless and be under 300 bucks, no labor of course.

Yep, I think his price is high, but he might get something close to $400. That is a rare find indeed and it would be cool to see an actual NEW Genesis grill from that era.

Well first off the grill is NOT a 3000 as there is no side burner, second if it's really "new" what happened to the shelves? I smell BS

I just couldn't justify spending the money on it based on how cheap it is to get another one and restore it versus this new cost, but I must admit I am curious to see it.

I hope someone from here picks it up and posts photos!

I think they could get more than 250 by the time you rehab one add up your hours and parts although most of us enjoy the restore process for something that needs nothing lot to be said for that. Having said that it has to be someone from here or another forum to even consider that, the average person does not even know what these grills are, nor are they going to pay that kind of money for a grill that old. I have said this before not one friend of mine till they saw my restore even knew they existed.

Brian,

I agree very much. That is our big problem. If we could set up and display our restorations in the grill section of a busy big box store the response would probably be amazing. If people shopping for grills could compare on sight, then I think you COULD get much higher prices for a well restored Weber.

Craigslist, OfferUp, etc are primarily forums for bargain hunters looking for outrageous deals. It’s harder to connect with potential buyers who have the money and are willing to pay for quality.

Everything everyone has said is completely true. That said, I'd drool over just pictures of this gem. Just sayin'.

Brian,

I agree very much. That is our big problem. If we could set up and display our restorations in the grill section of a busy big box store the response would probably be amazing. If people shopping for grills could compare on sight, then I think you COULD get much higher prices for a well restored Weber.

Craigslist, OfferUp, etc are primarily forums for bargain hunters looking for outrageous deals. It’s harder to connect with potential buyers who have the money and are willing to pay for quality.

Totally agree with you Jon, take a Redhead restored only using that because they are kind of striking and different stick it on HD or Lowe's Floor with new grates the ones that were found even at 50 bucks, find some knockoff new flavorizer bars and put a set of new knockoff burners in them so everything looks spanking new in the inside coupled with doing the wood over you can bet someone would pay up for them but unfortunately that is not going to happen.

I emailed that seller no response as of yet maybe somebody jumped on it made them an offer and its gone who knows stuff can be gone on craigslist for weeks and they don't bother to take it down.

If I ever found myself with a grill like that, it would be a challenge to actually use it. I'd want to preserve it.

Back