A rare find.indeed.. Brand new in the box Genesis Platinum Cookbox!

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
So I was doing my regular routine..checking the online sites for Weber items when I came across a post that stated " Weber Gas Grill-Cooking/Firebox- (Part)"

I scanned the ad and what caught my eye was the two sets of notches in the box for Flavorizer Bars.

dCyPBHL.jpg

Hmmm... was this an older 13 bar Firebox listed?? Sure looked like it. The seller had a picture of the shipping box with the part # 96008.

I figured I'd call Weber directly and I talked to a nice representative on the phone and asked about the part #. Now I know a lot of you like to deal with Weber directly for info/parts and their shipping rate is great, but the last couple times I called I got nowhere- they stated it was a cooking grate for a Weber Performer Charcoal Grill. I said "Thank You" and hung up the phone.

I contacted the seller and made arrangements that day to go drive down to Connecticut to have a look-see. I got to the sellers Home and we talked a bit. He stated a buddy had it for a number of years and offered it to him for his Weber grill. He tried to install it on his Weber C (which he was cooking on), but it was not fitting his grill so he boxed it back up and there it sat for before putting it up for sale.

With my last couple finds for two Weber grills, both free and one a Skyline I didn't even try to argue the price and just paid him what he was asking.

This is what I drove 206 miles round trip for-

kMTAJEd.jpg

54aQUcq.jpg

81RnRqZ.jpg

y1NDoLR.jpg

5mvSLU4.jpg

As you can see by the last photo it was shipped out on April 16, 1999 so it almost 20 years old.

This will probably be headed to my 1996 Platinum 2 with some new NOS #7506 Burner Tubes I have and I'll swing out that box to my 5000 restore.

Jeff

Last edited:
Wow, Jeff, that is a unique find you aren’t likely to replicate. That will make a fantastic foundation for your project. Wish I could have found a winner like that for my Skyline.

Back