Rib Hanger, Rotisserie or Stacker?

Joe E.

Hello,

I want to be able to hang ribs from a WSM 18.5. I've discovered the Gateway rib hanging kit ($45) and it looks like it'll do a fine job...but, would it maybe be better to get the WSM Stacker from Cajun Bandit ($160) and hang from the grill? The Stacker would provide the additional height needed, right? Also, the Stacker provides the option for more cooking space so I thought it might be worth the extra cost. Then, I thought, what about the Rotisserie ($192)? The Rotisserie comes with a shorter stacker. If the rotisserie stacker provides enough height to hang ribs I could get that and get rotisserie capability as well. Appreciate any thoughts on these options. Thanks!

Joe

The Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring adds 6". If you used it in conjunction with the Gateway rack, you should be good. You would have to add some L-brackets to the rotisserie ring to support the rack.

The Cajun Bandit stacker adds about 10" to the cook chamber and you would have to make something from which to hang the ribs. Hanging them from the grate would be problematical or you could use the Gateway rack & make life EZ.

Last edited:
Can't argue the "cool factor" :cool:
But for me cleaning rib racks isn't that hard. I started out reading Harry Soo's thread. How he cleans his grates by putting them in a trash bag,and sprays with oven cleaner. I just put the rib racks in the same bag. I just brush them off a little after sitting in the bag. Rinse them off with a garden hose,and pop them in the dish washer. 18 grate fits my dish washer,22 does not. Rib rack fits in bottom with plates inbetween .I have a feeling it is no harder than cleaning a rotisserie. Stuff is going to stick to those barbs.
To me,I can see using a rotisserie on a kettle. But in a smoker......Iduno:D

Unfortunately, my 18 grate won't fit in my tiny Japanese dish washer, but hooks will 🙂. I think I'm going to get that rib hanger.

Back