DigiQ II WSM Mount

Ed Jones

TVWBB Pro
I saw one post about doing this, but it wasn't terribly clear. I decided to upgrade from my trusty old BBQ Guru Competitor (original model!) to a new DigiQ II. My old Competitor mounted to the 10 CFM I upgraded to but I don't see any way to mount the DigiQ II to the fan or WSM w/o some sort of do-it-yourself mount. I'm not opposed to doing that, but is there a "standard" way to do this with the supplied universal mount adapter? I bought a 10CFM pit viper fan.

Thanks!

Chuck,

I have that adapter to mount the fan to the WSM. I'm asking about mounting the controller to the fan like my old Competitor model. Apparently people just don't bother to do that
icon_smile.gif

Sorry Ed. I am not aware of any item that you can mount the control to the fan assembly.....BUT I have been wrong before.LOL.

Russel,

Yes it did, but there's no way to use the universal mounting adapter (the flat piece of stainless steel) to mount to the fan. Well, no way short of modifying things. Oh well, no biggie. Thanks for trying all.

I spoke with the Guru folks today and was told that they stopped providing that mounting option as most people weren't using it anyway. Never having used one, I can't tell, but it seems like it might have been a useful option.....

R

I have one of the original Competitors also and am dissappointed with the no mount set-up with the fan option also, thats one of the reasons why I kept it.

Back