Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Briquettes other than KBB?

TVWBB Gold Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    The long burning kingsford and the professional are close to a buck a pound here. I really like the weber once you get it on the premiums
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

I've been picking up two bags of this stuff each trip to Costco. $.56 per pound.

I was impressed with the limited amount of ash it produced on my initial clean-out cook on the JJ and the WSM.
    WSM 22.5 Jumbo Joe Master-Touch 22 Ninja-black Thermapen & a pair of Kamado Joe's

Dub, be careful about sitting your chimney directly on concrete surfaces. Cracks can develop.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    Dub, be careful about sitting your chimney directly on concrete surfaces. Cracks can develop.
    Yes, Rusty makes a very valid point on safety. I used to set my chimney directly on my driveway a few times with no problems. You can see the slight orange discoloration in the concrete. But I always set my starter cube on a small paver.

The last time I did it, I couldn't find my small paver so I just placed my starter cube on the drive ( Wrong ) I was getting ready to bend over and pick it up, and I heard a pop like a firecracker and a piece of concrete shrapnel blew by my face.
    Concrete hold moisture for a long time, and if you quickly hit it with a High heat source it causes thermal shock.

I was lucky I didn't bend over a few seconds earlier cause these are pics from the crater left behind.

Be safe!

Tim
    Last edited by timothy; 08-12-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123