Fine Sunday for a Brisket...

Rusty Breaux

TVWBB Fan
Its been since New Years since iv put some smoke to a brisket. Figured i needed to get another one through the smoker before my comp in late April.

Picked up a small 10# prime from Costco. Trimmed, seasoned, injected (first time) and smoked over KBB and Post Oak in the WSM.

This is the first time i go fat side DOWN.

I am not sure if it was the extra moisture from the injection or if its just harder to make the bark stick to the nonfat side, but it did seem tougher to get a good set Bark. It turned out very good and there are only a few small tweaks I am going to make. Figured id share.

20170325_194707_zpsusylsqhp.jpg

20170326_072625_zpsk2ryrr4s.jpg

20170326_171250_zpsxn11pogd.jpg

20170326_170840_zpsbfumrxpn.jpg

Man Rusty you nailed that one. That looks so delicious I'm ready for a plate any time.

Thanks for sharing Rusty. Looks gorgeous! My brisket usually looks like I cut it with a butter knife but your's looks perfect. Nice job!

Thanks guys. Overall it was a pretty good cook. I always am suspect of the entire thing when i wrap it and put it back in the cooler for some reason. But it came out great: the taste was just what i was looking for, the smoke was nice (post oak), and im getting better w/ the knife. :)

I am looking forward to see if i can replicate it in April. Always curious to see how others (especially judges) will think of my brisket. Pretty pumped about the whole thing.

rb

Back