good day, another new guy!

Bruce Jr

TVWBB Member
hello to all! i have been smoking for many years and very much enjoy it! we have and work 2 weber kettles as needed, both are modified, one with a rotisserie, a genesis s330, which hardly gets used, 2 WSM, 18.5 that at least one is doing something most every weekend, a pig roaster made from a 250 gal fuel tank and is on an axle to be moved from party to party, and an old UDS which i lend to friends. We like to share and try new recipes although as many of you, we have those we tend to fall back on, those tried and true! I have many questions, as the reason for joining your community and I may have a few answers that hopefully will help some of you out in smoking land. thank you for taking me in!

Welcome to the forum Bruce. Everyone here is very friendly and they love to help others. Asking questions is how we all learn. And remember, we love pics here.

Nice to have you here Bruce, everyone is willing to share and with your experience I'm sure you will be a definite asset to the forum. Can't wait to see some of your cooks.

well, there you have it! first post, a simple greeting to the forum and by lunch time, 4 replies and between you, there are 21,000 posts...so yep, should not be a problem finding answers here! i have been reading for a few years and just decided to try this out, i'm not much at this, guess it might be like smoking ribs, ya just learn! so, i started yesterday looking for a manufacturer of an aftermarket center section for one of my 18.5's. i have found a few, the guy in UK has not responded, there is a metal shop in DE, not heard back from him and, well, you know how that goes. it seems more and more, i need that tiny bit more space, you know, one more rack, one more tin of beans, one more shelf of poppers, you guys have all been there! jacking up an 18.5 for another rack is much better than starting another smoker... any thoughts would be nice! ok guys, until next time, go easy and see you up the road!

thank you Sir, i have seen this site, in fact, i just emailed them monday. not to order, but to clear up what i thought may have been a typo. the heading noted stacker for an 18.5, however, the description was exactly as it is in the link you sent, except for each time they noted the size, it was 22". funny how the link you sent is exactly the same outside the numbers on the one my wife and i saw. thanks tons. have you dealt with this outfit in the past, good rating? yes, $160 bucks, that is a tall order, but over time, for the smoking we do, especially with the season just around the corner, it might be time to get off the cash for it. thanks again Bob! go easy and see you up the road!

As for Cajun Bandit, they are a first class operation and I have been very happy dealing with them. Consider this, buy quality for a higher price and cry once or buy low quality and cry many times. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Back