Do you ever share bbq with friends, neighbors, coworkers?

Erik Tracy

TVWBB Pro
Sometimes I'll bbq a bit too much and have enough leftovers to share out and not feel 'guilty' of depriving family members of their fill.

I've shared bbq with coworkers, friends, and neighbors. Mostly to get their opinion, but when its good, I like to share what *good* bbq should taste like - as opposed to what goes for bbq at high prices at restaurants.

Do you ever share?:confused:

I try to take some leftovers to a few co workers. I always ask them to give me a 1-10 rating on it.

all
the
time.

If it's not pulled pork, it's brisket. or Bacon. Lots of bacon.

have a deal with a neighbor about a mile away... she gives me farm fresh eggs (lots of them), in return, they get bacon.

Another guy, supplies us with fourth generation homemade Kielbasa every Christmas (at least 8 pounds of it) and in return i give him bacon.
He also supplies me with the hickory and apple wood i use for smoking

co-workers also benefit from my Webers... ribs, brisket, bacon, IDEAS.... hooked up at least 4 people now smoking their own bacon.
unfortunately converted only one electric smoker smoking co-worker to charcoal....

and JERKY! tons of jerky....

Last edited:
Oh yeah! We usually have way more leftovers than Pammi and I can handle. And Pammi isn't crazy about leftovers! I'll usually take a large bag each of PP and beans to work and let everyknow that there's BBQ in the fridge.
Last year, for SD, EVERYONE went home with a doggy bag!

Yep. Gave some away from Christmas (it's what they asked for...) and a couple of pounds of PP the other day to 2 of my granddaughters.

EDIT: What's a co-worker? I've been retired almost 7 years...and I'm only 62 now.

Last edited:
I've also shared BBQ with friends, family, etc. Like Erik & Pat stated I also like to get their opinions on my cooks so I can tweak them as necessary. Also cook for local Veterans & my local PD to show my appreciation.

Back